Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audition 3.0.1 crashes with R6025 error every time

Apr 6, 2009 1:25 PM

I installed the Adobe Audition trial installer, as well as the Audition 3.0.1 patch.  Both installs went very smooth.

Tried to run AA3, and get the "this is a trial version" message.  Clicked Continue, splash screen comes up, and then the app itself finally shows up, but I get an error message right away:

Shutting Down: To continue working where you left off, please restart Audition.

After that, AA3 closes and I get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!

R6025 - pure virtual function call

As of yet, I have been unable to completely load the program even once.

I looked around for a few quick tips, what I found:

• uninstall QuickTime (I don't have QuickTime installed)
  • clear out %appdata%\Adobe\Audition\3.0
  • Remove (or rename) C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\en_us\ImporterQT.prm

... none of which helped any.   Can anybody help me with this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2009 7:24 PM   in reply to Henry Moose

Henry, can you give us some more specifics about your system?

Also, did you download the AA3 demo from the Adobe site or get it from somewhere else?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 7:03 AM   in reply to Henry Moose

I had that problem and eventually had to do a clean install of XP.

The problem seemed to begin after I installed some other software, and uninstalling didn't help.

I found this:

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403357

Try running audition as a different user, creating a new one if necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 11:08 AM   in reply to Henry Moose

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2009 12:25 PM   in reply to Henry Moose

Same problem here, none of the above suggestions worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2009 5:54 PM   in reply to Henry Moose

I had the same problem a year ago and found that I had a CD burner that AA3 didn't like.  When I removed it, the problem went away.  I have re-connected the CD burner since then and so far everything is still ok.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2009 9:53 AM   in reply to lgbecker

Hi lgbecker,

I'm using a laptop, so using a different burner isn't an easy option for me.  I suppose I could *try* it with the burner removed, though.

I'm curious if Soundbooth would have a similar problem.  I'm not sure if there is a Soundbooth trial/demo, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2009 6:18 PM   in reply to Kelch

I am not sure about Soundbooth although the driver and burning portion of the software is the same for both programs.? My understanding is that it is licensed from another software programmer and is the same in both programs so they may act the same in this situation.

Larry

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 4:09 PM   in reply to Henry Moose

Soundbooth doesn't have any CD burning or ripping components, and is a very different code base, so it's unlikely you'd see the same issue, or that it would be a reliable test.

If you'd like to determine if it is indeed the CD/DVD drive in the laptop, you could easily temporarily disable the hardware.  Either through Windows Device Manager or through the laptop BIOS.  If the problem occurs when it's disabled in one or both of these locations, we can probably rule that out as the culprit.

Has this edition ever launched successfully?  I think what we'll need to know is what exactly happens up to the point you receive this particular error.  (The error, by the way, is a rather generic one that offers no helpful information other than "your program is no longer running."  Grr.)  You double click the icon and the splash screen comes up...  It lists the different modules that are loading...  it opens to the default, empty multitrack interface...

when you get the error, what is the last thing that occurred?  If it happens during the splash screen/modules loading phase, what is the last module displayed before the error?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 10:43 PM   in reply to Henry Moose

The last thing that I have done is open the edit menu then it takes a crap. I have multi-track view fine, but when I go to edit view, it piles up telling me to open AA3 to continue where I left off. That is whats happening for me. HELP!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 10:44 PM   in reply to _durin_

Mine is also the Educational Version BTW. Audition 3.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 9:14 AM   in reply to DJ C Biz

Ahh.  That's helpful.  My first guess would be that the Edit View Workspaces files have become corrupted.  I'm not sure if you're on XP or Vista, but open My Computer and navigate to the following directories:

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Vista:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspa ces\EV\

Rename or delete the file "Default Edit View.xml" and then launch Audition.  It should recreate this file and, if my hunch is correct, solve the problem.

If not, let me know and we'll keep hacking.

Durin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 12:04 PM   in reply to _durin_

Im running Vista and I cannot access the file you speak of. Do you have to hard start the computer using DLL? I searched all thru all of the files and I found files called Adobe Editing Modes - in 6 different folders, all .xml files

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2010 4:59 AM   in reply to Henry Moose

I have Audition 3.0 and it does the same thing.

Interestingly enough, when I had Version 2.0, it also did the same thing.

For me, this problem happens when I select "Effects > Amplitude and Compression > Normalize (Process)".

As soon as I click "Normalize (process) I get the MS 'klunk' sound (ie an error has occurred), then the information box

stating:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime  Library Runtime Error!

R6025 -  pure virtual function call

It doesn't happen all the time, but if I am editing say 10 different audio tracks, out of those 10 it will happen 3 or 4 times, guaranteed, and then for the next 10 tracks it won't do it at all!

I am running XP Pro, SP3, 4 GB DDR3 1333 ram, AMD X2 Athlon II 3GHz, onboard sound (Realtek).

When I was running Audition 2.0, I had an Intel P4 processor.

At the moment I don't have a CD or DVD drive hooked up, and it still does it, so that eliminates one item.

I have tried clearing the  Edit View Workspace files as per a previous post in this thread (and has been mentioned in other threads about this problem) and it made no difference.

I click OK, the program shuts down and I can restart it immediately. When it restarts it says: "A previous session of Audition exited prematurely. You may continue the session now, delete it, or continue the session another time".

I always click "delete", then I am good to go again.

I'd REALLY like a solution to this nagging issue!

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2010 12:47 AM   in reply to Radiomac

I received this error for the first time today. I tried the previous suggestion to delete the XML file with no changes in behavior. I closed a large file that was open in Adobe Acrobat and a few other windows. After that Audition was back to normal. It was probably a combination of closing the windows and deletingthe XML file so thanks for the suggestion!

Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3

Adobe Audition V3.0, Build 7283.0

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2010 1:09 PM   in reply to Greg Combs

Out of nowhere my Audition 1.5 and 3.0 started crashing with every waveform edit. I tried everything - no joy. Windows XP.

Finally, I uninstalled and deleted every Adobe product and add-on (except Illustrator). Reinstalled Audition. Works like a charm.

Seems a recently installed Adobe smv or flash viewer - some kind of media app - had a conflict.

Now I'm going to reinstall, one by one, my various Adobe products, keeping a Restore Point each time ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2010 3:44 PM   in reply to _durin_

"Ahh.  That's helpful.  My first guess would be that the Edit View Workspaces files have become corrupted.  I'm not sure if you're on XP or Vista, but open My Computer and navigate to the following directories:

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Vista:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspa ces\EV\

Rename or delete the file "Default Edit View.xml" and then launch Audition.  It should recreate this file and, if my hunch is correct, solve the problem.

If not, let me know and we'll keep hacking.

Durin"

this fixed it for me, thanks so much man.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2011 1:34 AM   in reply to _durin_

Thanks for posting this. you have saved me a lot of time and stress.

thank god for nice guys like you helping us lot out.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2011 6:41 AM   in reply to saydaysago2008

Brilliant. I was having the same problem out of the blue, and this procedure worked for me on Vista. Thanks a lot.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2011 8:24 PM   in reply to _durin_

I am on Acer netbook w/ XP.

AA3 has worked perfectly for more than a year until yesterday, when the identical crash R6025 began occurring whenever I clicked on edit view.  I uninstalled & reinstalled w/ same problem.  I followed your instruction but there is no directory for Application Data.  Under 3.0 there is no file called Default Workspace.  NOW WHAT?  HELP!  I NEED this to work!  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 2:10 AM   in reply to VickiDeLys

I think you need to go into Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View and enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Then you should be able to find the Application Data folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2012 3:05 AM   in reply to _durin_

I created an Adobe account just so I could log in and say a big "Thank You" to everyone in this thread!  Deleting the Edit View .xml file did the trick for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to saydaysago2008

gracias fue muy util tu informacion, sin embargo yo tuve q eliminar los archivos .xml de las tres carpetas y volvio todo a la normalidad gracias

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points