• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe TV tutorials not playing?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed latest Flash Player 10.x, use IE 8 and Firefox 3.5 browsers, Active X scripting is installed and enabled. Why can't I view any episodes or tutorials on Adobe TV.com? All I see is a large white box, no videos.HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Nothing launches.  Black screen.  Done.  What's the deal??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get substantive assistance from Help/Support team. I finally installed Adobe Media Player so I could view the tutorials at long last. I needed to learn several apps for my job.

Good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when I use Safari or Firefox.  However, when I use the Opera browser, the videos play fine.  Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem....using Win 7 64-bit

with the latest Flash player etc, etc....please help!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (Windows 7, 64 Bit with Flash 10.1).

Only Adobe TV refuses to play. All other Flash media (youtube etc) works perfectly.

Seems to be a problem  with the Flash plugin for Win 7 I guess...

@billhdz The reason why Opera works is probably because, Opera ships their browser with an own pre-installed version of Flash instead of using the one installed on the user's operating system.

Adobe, I think it's really embarrassing, that your own videos don't play on some Flash players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always thought that you need Adobe Media Player to watch Adobe TV ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, you could be right...

Gotta try that out!

But if the videos are being played back using the Adobe Media Player, why does it say "Flash Player" when I rightclick the white canvas where the movie is supposed to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, even in Opera. Have current version of flash player, running MS OS 7 Ultimate. Videos & Flash work on You Tube, and elsewhere, just not on Adobe TV. Tried to download latest version of Adobe Media Player (1.7 or 1.8) but it keeps telling me I need to download Adobe AIR which I already have and when I try to redownload it tells me the hard drive is not available. This has been INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Go to your Flash Settings Panel by going to this URL:

<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html>

2. Select the Global Storage Settings Panel tab or select it from the Settings Manager column on the left hand side of your page.

3. Make sure that "Store common Flash components to reduce download times." is checked.

That's how I got it working.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't solve the problem for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GO932 said:

Try this:

<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager.html>

2.  Select the Global Storage Settings Panel tab or select it from the  Settings Manager column on the left hand side of your page.

3. Make sure that "Store common Flash components to reduce download times." is checked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried that and it still didn't work but I changed the option( in Global Storage Panel settings) to allow more content to be stored from 100k to 10 mbytes and it worked.

Thanks GO932

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks;  for all help, now it works fine!

GO932 said:

Try this:

<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager.html>

2.  Select the Global Storage Settings Panel tab or select it from the  Settings Manager column on the left hand side of your page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

I tried that and it still didn't work but I changed the option( in Global Storage Panel settings) to allow more content to be stored from 100k to 10 mbytes and it worked.

Thanks GO932

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I did not have any problem with watching the Actionscript video tutorials at Adobe.dougwinnie.com with Internet Explorer 7

But recently I was not able to watch the videos

So I finally went to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download and install the Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and now I am able to watch the video tutorials

I hope this will work for you also.

If it does not work then unfortunately you will probably need to contact technical support at Adobe.com to see if they can help you out

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to run the video using RealPlayer.  (I copied the video location from the AdobeTV site and pasted it into RealPlayer.)

Updating FlashPlayer did not solve the problem.

Btw, I am accessing AdobeTV through FireFox Beta 4.9, for whatever that is worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution that worked for me is to use Google Chrome. Google Chrome has its own Flash engine independent of the Adobe Flash plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Just want to make a comment and not about Adobe TV tutorials per se. Flash Player is a browser plugin working thru the browser. I don't know but using a browser that is in beta, may cause an issue. Something to consider.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I solved the problem by opening the Global Storage Settings Panel: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Here, I set 1 MB Cache and I check both checkboxes on the bottom.

Now Adobe TV runs fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried all that is listed here....still get big blank white screen for Adobe TV.

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried turning off the hardware accleration feature?

You may want to go to this site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. Right click on the Flash logo, Settings,
then UNcheck the hardware acceleration in Display Settings.

If you are having problems on other sites as well, this may help. If it's only Adobe TV tutorials you could post here. I have seen a couple of threads about Adobe TV.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback?view=discussions&start=0 

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have found one thing that works. Going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

and turning ON "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" did get Adobe TV to work.

However, I dont want any old site being able to put data on my computer, so I am only turning that on when I come to Adobe.

Once I turn that setting OFF, I revert right back to the same problem......but al least I can see Adobe TV now, even if its a tiny hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying back with that info. I don't understand that since I was under the impression that Adobe TV was Adobe, LOL I wouldn't think the tutorials would be 3rd party?  Anyway, glad that worked for you. There is a way to tweak those Settings and when I catch up on the other threads, I'll see if I can post that info back to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It be nice to not have to turn it on and off just to watch Adobe TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there may be. Take a look at this Settings Panel. Now you will need to do some careful reading on this one. It works with the Global Storage Settings Panel.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Hope that helps. These Settings are mostly the choice of the user, so they are not a "one size fits all".

They are not the easiest to understand:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried every one of these suggestions, and nothing worked until I went to the Global Security Settings panel http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html and added http://tv.adobe.com to the list of "always trust" Web sites. That did the trick. It's funny how different things have worked for different people here, but our collective experience points to a real weakness in Adobe's implementation of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines