Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64 bit Flash Player for Windows

May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone at Adobe actually reads this forum (which I doubt).

Why is it taking so long for Adobe to release a 64 bit Flash Player for Windows. 64 bit computing has been readily available to purchase for nearly three years now (Linux even longer). What are they doing at Adobe?. Is it because they think there is not enough money in it for them?

What a sad state of affairs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand why it's not there yet.

Vista 64-bit is there allready out for 2.5 years and Windows 7 is coming.

Everyday lot's of new 64-bit systems are coming.

I want also finallu use my 64-bit browser for everyting on the internet.

back to 32-bit is not a solution.

It sound to me ears the same as stick to 16-bit windows 95

Common adobe compile 64-bit flash please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think when Apple will make a 64bit OS then Adobe maybe will develop 64Bit flash player...

But I dont really understand why 64 bit browsers don't support 32bit flash player and what will the diference be when the player become 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now been waiting over a year for a 64 Bit Windows flash player that will work on IE8.

I have had a 64 bit computer for two plus years and cannot understand the reluctance by the software market providers to support the ever increasing 64 bit community. Its rediculous it seems that they will not write these programs as there are not so many people using 64 bit and there are not so many people going for 64 bit because there are not so many 64 bit pieces of software out there.

I believe that it is up to the softawre writers to take the lead. Adobe being one of them. They are supposed to be a leading edge software provider yet they appear not to be able to provide 64 bit software, or at least not in this decade.

If you google 64 bit flash player it comes back with 14 million hit requests - surely 14 million is enough for Adobe to think about actually realeasing something.

I use Windows 7 64 Bit OS and it is the best OS I have used to date - rock steady and dam fast. I use IE8 64 bit as a browser and Firefox 32 bit so I can use flash. I have been having problems with the latest release of Firefox (3.5) so tend to use the IE8 more - this is very fast - But no Flash available!!!!!

It has been a very long time now - come on Adobe there are enough people out there wanting it - give us a date for a 64 bit Windows Flash player - preferably before then end of the year (2009) rather than the end of the decade - thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe employs over 1000 people,. sureley that is enough people to make a 64 bit flash player for windows!

Also there has been mainstream access to 64 bit technology for 5 years or more. I remember working on a 64 bit windows xp system back in 02! I was trying to look for flash player for it and was told there is none and I was irate becuase adobe can get early access to such technologies through something called MSDN.

MSDN Operating systems is only 600 some bucks, peanuts to a multibillion dollar corporation like adobe. They spend more on coffee a week than that!

and the ultimate solution is like the price of a high end computer system witch I am absolutely sure adobe can more then pay for.

These actions are inexcusible for adobe systems.

THE WHOLE REASON MICROSOFT PROVIDES SUCH SERVICES AS MSDN AND TECHNET IS TO MAKE SURE THAT COMPANIES CAN GET THIER TECH OUT AND REFINED BEFORE THE OPERATING SYSTEM IS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

ADOBES ACTIONS ARE INEXCUSIBLE AND DOWRIGHT LAZY AND STUPID!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines