Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virus Warning on Flash update

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I keep getting a virus warning when I try to DL your flash update (from adobe site). I am trying to get the windows version for XP. This has been going on a couple weeks now and I have not installed it. I saw others have had virus warnings with Flash after installing.

NOD says it is a trojan possibly similar to the win32 genetik

Thanks,

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you are seeing this; it is obviously a false positive.

To get around this, try the offline ActiveX installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another VIRUS warning. beware.

I must have passed by some site where a virus jumped over to my XP operating system.  I had trouble getting rid of it.  I looked liked a legitimate Antivirus program called Control Center and was telling me that all kinds of faults were on my computer, including viruses.  It would'nt let me kill the program.  The only way to get rid of it finally was to shut the computer down and then go back in through safe mode, since nothing else was accessable on the computer while its window was open.  I learned that it is a type of trojan and uses a program called ccmain.exe (beware).  I had visited a site that told me that I needed to update my adobe flash player with 'adobeflashplayer10.0.32.22'... I ran that program and thats when all the trouble started. That was the virus installation program!

Later reading about this virus, it is particularly scarry.  Neither of my antivirus programs nor firewall picked it up!  Adobe has flashplayer version 10 and needs to know that this is too much of a look-alike name... they need to be greatly concerned.

You may also be able to get rid of the program through a system restore to an earlier point.  I scanned my whole computer to find any of those names.  The system now works.  I'll also advise AVG and System Mechanic (my two any malware/antivirus installed software) people about this danger.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem with these kind of infections is that people do not pay enough

attention on what they are downloading or installing.

Always download Flash Player updates only from the original Adobe or Macromedia site!

Always download Windows updates only from the original Microsoft site!

This goes for all software: always download software updates only from the original manufacturer's site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2010 Jan 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pwillener wrote:

The main problem with these kind of infections is that people do not pay enough

attention on what they are downloading or installing.

Always download Flash Player updates only from the original Adobe or Macromedia site!

Always download Windows updates only from the original Microsoft site!

This goes for all software: always download software updates only from the original manufacturer's site!

I always download from the site both adobe and microsoft and that darn virus got me too! So it was not their fault

this one is a doozy. It is a dropper type trojan. I even wiped my computer and it found a way within a week to re-activate

itself.It had embed invisable code when it arrived so don't know if that had anything to do with it. It also opened a second portal

and changed the registry. The only thing that killed that picking sorry bisket eater was that microsoft antimalware tool. The first

go round I couldn't even download that for I was locked out. It had disabled javascript and removed my start button even and

was unable to get system restore to work.. After wiping my computer finally I was able to download the microsoft anti-malware

tool and finish it off for it was still lurking in my system. It took me a month of battling that sorry virus to kill it out of my entire system.

It was ALIVE I TELL YA.,Thank God for Microsoft! I had good virus protection and a firewall and it got me anyways so it helps to also

know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines