Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Report Spam or inappropriate content here again.

Jun 29, 2009 7:41 AM

  Latest reply: Pat Willener, Oct 14, 2009 10:19 PM
Replies 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2009 4:26 PM   in reply to Claudio González

    that is not unheard of in the former forums ... it was intentional then.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2009 6:28 PM   in reply to greenjumpyone

    greenjumpyone wrote:

     

    that is not unheard of in the former forums ... it was intentional then.

    Surely you mean "in the L****", because I had never seen it until SDA's bug.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2009 11:25 PM   in reply to Claudio González

    One of the later deleted messages confirmed, it was just copy and paste. Not the infamous bug.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 2:39 AM   in reply to DiabloIII666
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 4:32 AM   in reply to Buko.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 11:32 AM   in reply to Claudio González
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 1:50 PM   in reply to Buko.

    I know this isn't exactly spam, but is anyone ever going to do anything about this guy?

    http://forums.adobe.com/people/sfjedi

     

    He was here for a while stirring the pot, now he is back again. This guy posts questions and then turns around and refer to other software and wants to know why PS isn't the same as the other software. And when users suggest ways for him to accomplish what he wants he always turns around and continues arguing with the other users.

     

    I think he needs to be "warned" I mean after all there are posts that have been deleted that are not nearly as bad as his.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 2:15 PM   in reply to Ozzwoman9

    Yeah, like me thanking Jochem for making a polite request and saying please. With a smiley

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 3:59 PM   in reply to Kath-H

    perhaps the use of the smiley was too much maybe JVD interpreted it as being sarcastic.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2009 8:36 PM   in reply to Buko.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 4:13 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

    well, posts 250 & 251 make no sense to me ...

     

    Spam alert in the Forum Comments:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/505707?tstart=0

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 4:33 AM   in reply to greenjumpyone

    greenjumpyone wrote:

     

    well, posts 250 & 251 make no sense to me ...

     

     

    You can't make sense of references to deleted posts! 

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 6:41 AM   in reply to John Joslin

    exactly what I was referring to. 

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 9:25 AM   in reply to greenjumpyone

    Sorry, I referred to my own deleted post - but only because I'm annoyed that a post expressing appreciation for an improvement in Jochem's manner got deleted as abuse. I could explain further, but I'd only get in trouble for quoting 'abusive' material.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 9:41 AM   in reply to Kath-H

    Sorry, I referred to my own deleted post - but only because I'm annoyed that a post expressing appreciation for an improvement in Jochem's manner got deleted as abuse. I could explain further, but I'd only get in trouble for quoting 'abusive' material.

     

    The one thing that is really "abusive" in this particular Forum is a Moderator who abuses his power by censoring and purging ANY comment that is in the least critical of his performance.

     

    I don't know from which country this Moderator originates, but in the USA and in the UK we are entitled to the right to Free Speech and, if you really want to infuriate people, you will attempt to muzzle them and deny them those rights!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 10:04 AM   in reply to Kath-H

    Kath-H wrote on 10/13/2009 6:25 PM:

    Sorry, I referred to my own deleted post - but only because I'm annoyed that a post expressing appreciation for an improvement in Jochem's manner got deleted as abuse.

     

    So let me explain something. Several moderators have been trying to get

    'operations' type people to subscribe to the "Slow..." thread. Those are

    the people who, when a problem occurs, actually have the power to

    escalate an issue to Jive. They don't want to because the amount of

    off-topic nonsense being posted there. So I tell people to cut it out,

    and for a short while the situation improves.

     

    Then you feel the uncontrollable need to continue off-topic and start

    posting about moderation. Consequence? One person uses the "Report

    abuse" button, but even worse, two people unsubscribe from that thread.

    So we are back at square one and can forget about operations people

    subscribing here any time soon.

     

    So thank you Kath for demonstrating precisely why asking people to stop

    won't work. I hope you feel it was worth it.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 10:57 AM   in reply to Jochem van Dieten

    Well, this won't last but here it is anyway. Jochem, that is just bloody silly. If the operations people could make themselves useful, they need to get in here and do it, not cower away in a corner with their hands over their sensitive little ears. If you're right and there really people who really could fix things, they need to just do it. Once there's some useful action on their part, obviously the complaining will die down. And isn't that the point?


    People don't like being told what to do (at least humans don't). And if grown-up normal people feel they are doing no more than they are entitled to, and someone comes along and starts punishing them like naughty children, they get very, very cross.


    For pete's sake, get those operations people busy and tell them to stop being such cry-babies.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 10:59 AM   in reply to Kath-H

    ... and of course if people feel they have legitimate complaints, telling them to stop won't work. Fix the problems!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:19 AM   in reply to Jochem van Dieten

    jochemd wrote:

     

    Several moderators have been trying to get

    'operations' type people to subscribe to the "Slow..." thread. Those are

    the people who, when a problem occurs, actually have the power to

    escalate an issue to Jive.

     

    If you had mentioned that instead of just telling people to stay on topic you would have got a better response.


    People tend to pay more attention to reasonable requests than to orders.


    You have the reputation (which has spread well outside the hallowed halls of adobe) for being over-rigorous and impersonal. (Please note I am not being abusive here, it is just what a read in other places.)


    Why not try and cultivate the respect of the disgruntled old-timers?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:26 AM   in reply to Jochem van Dieten

    On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:04:59AM -0600, Jochem van Dieten uttered:

     

    Kath-H wrote on 10/13/2009 6:25 PM:

    Sorry, I referred to my own deleted post - but only because I'm annoyed that a post expressing appreciation for an improvement in Jochem's manner got deleted as abuse.

     

    So let me explain something. Several moderators have been trying to get

    'operations' type people to subscribe to the "Slow..." thread. Those are

    the people who, when a problem occurs, actually have the power to

    escalate an issue to Jive. They don't want to because the amount of

    off-topic nonsense being posted there. So I tell people to cut it out,

    and for a short while the situation improves.

     

    Then you feel the uncontrollable need to continue off-topic and start

    posting about moderation. Consequence? One person uses the "Report

    abuse" button, but even worse, two people unsubscribe from that thread.

    So we are back at square one and can forget about operations people

    subscribing here any time soon.

     

    So thank you Kath for demonstrating precisely why asking people to stop

    won't work. I hope you feel it was worth it.

     

    Jochem, In my view and probably of a lot of the other "silent majority"

    it's time to ban/kick these people out. They're not helping anything and

    despite repeated attempts to them to stop, they persist in repeating

    everything ad nausem, criticize and are basically obnoxious towards

    others. This doesn't reflect well on Adobe, allowing this type of

    behaviour to presist. FWIW & YMMV

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:28 AM   in reply to John Joslin

    John Joslin wrote on 10/13/2009 8:19 PM:

    >> jochemd wrote :

    >> 

    >> Several moderators have been trying to get

    >> 'operations' type people to subscribe to the "Slow..." thread. Those are

    >> the people who, when a problem occurs, actually have the power to

    >> escalate an issue to Jive.

     

    If you had mentioned that instead of just telling people to stay on topic you would have got a better response.

     

     

    People tend to pay more attention to reasonable requests than to orders.

     

    Isn't asking people to stay on topic a reasonable request?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:32 AM   in reply to S.D.A.

    S.D.A. wrote on 10/13/2009 8:26 PM:

    Jochem, In my view and probably of a lot of the other "silent majority"

    it's time to ban/kick these people out.

     

    If people feels that way they would do well to express that opinion to

    JC or using the "Report abuse" link. There is a reason nobody listens to

    the silent majority.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:37 AM   in reply to Buko.

    This fly is buzzing around my email and dropping some little small crappies:

     

    http://forums.adobe.com/people/nikeshoxshoe

     

    How can I mark a user as "inappopriate"?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:38 AM   in reply to Jochem van Dieten

    jochemd wrote:

     

    Isn't asking people to stay on topic a reasonable request?

     

    Sorry, I meant making a request and giving the reason for the request, so that people understand why you are asking.


    I spent a long time time in my career studying techniques for good communication and helping people to put it into practice.


    That's why I enjoy the other forums so much.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 11:57 AM   in reply to Ann Shelbourne

    Ann Shelbourne wrote:


    I don't know from which country this Moderator originates, but in the USA and in the UK we are entitled to the right to Free Speech and, if you really want to infuriate people, you will attempt to muzzle them and deny them those rights!

    There were a couple of posts and a thread by somebody on these lines... he got short shrift...

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 12:00 PM   in reply to John Joslin

    John Joslin wrote:


    People tend to pay more attention to reasonable requests than to orders.

    Jawohl!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 12:17 PM   in reply to Buko.

    I am rolling over this thread into a new spam report thread since this one is getting to long to read on mobile devices. Please use the new tread to report spam and issues that require immediate attention.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 12:40 PM   in reply to S.D.A.

    Sorry, but I just wanted to jump in to say this one last thing, then I too am leaving this thread alone as it's just going in circles...

     

     

    Jochem, In my view and probably of a lot of the other "silent majority" it's time to ban/kick these people out. They're not helping anything and despite repeated attempts to them to stop, they persist in repeating everything ad nausem, criticize and are basically obnoxious towards others.

     

     

    I just find the above pretty ironic...I mean how many times were you politely asked to stop posting through email because you were breaking threads with your repeating post bug.

     

    So technically you fall under your own category, so therefore you too should be banned

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2009 1:33 PM   in reply to Ozzwoman9

    Hmmm……so is there a history here of someone who is prone to repeat his actions endlessly?

     

    I just wonder if that would be the same individual who cannot keep his finger from pressing the "Report Abuse" Button?

     

    How convenient to be able to do that anonymously so that the rest of us will never discover the culprit.

     

    Perhaps we should retaliate and start clicking the "Report Abuse" Button on all of his threads too?!

     

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2009 4:02 PM   in reply to Ozzwoman9

    On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:40:11PM -0600, Ozzwoman9 uttered:

     

    Sorry, but I just wanted to jump in to say this one last thing, then I too am leaving this thread alone as it's just going in circles...

    Jochem, In my view and probably of a lot of the other "silent majority"

    it's time to ban/kick these people out. They're not helping anything and

    despite repeated attempts to them to stop, they persist in repeating

    everything ad nausem, criticize and are basically obnoxious towards

    others.

    I just find the above pretty ironic...I mean how many times were you politely asked to stop posting through email because you were breaking threads with your repeating post bug.

     

    So technically you fall under your own category, so therefore you too should be banned

     

    Technically?! Your argument is so weak that you need to resort to

    "technical" arguments? Oh well ...

     

    I'm not the reason why so many people are afraid to ask questions on many

    of the forums that the obnoxious loud people frequent, (you all know whom

    you are). The behaviour exacerbated here is the prime reason of this. Not

    a repeating bug that is now fixed.

     

    No one wants to ruin their day by visiting forums which often resort to

    the childish name calling behaviour that so called adults have exhibited

    here and elsewhere on these forums. You folks marginalize any valid input

    you may have had in the past or the future because of this. I hope you're

    proud to have driven away the very people you all wanted here in the

    first place to answer the groups questions. They shouldn't have to put up

    with the tone or abuse, and I don't blame them for not wanting to participate.

    Bad karma.

     

    Like a popular movie once said "Stupid is as Stupid does"!

     

     

    end

     

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2009 9:04 AM   in reply to S.D.A.

    That didn't make sense. 

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2009 4:07 PM   in reply to John Joslin

    It made no sense … but it was certainly "Abusive" so button was clicked! (I have never done that to anyone else!)

     

    Just to keep everything out in the open with none of this sneaking around behind closed doors, this is my complaint in full (but it had to be truncated in the Report Abuse box):

     

    This message was extremely abusive to all of the long-serving regular members by an individual who I have never seen being helpful in the slightest degree by answering technical questions in a Products Forum [unsubstantiated allegation removed by moderator]

     

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2009 7:39 PM   in reply to Buko.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2009 10:19 PM   in reply to dave milbut

    I thought that abuse incidents should now be reported in this topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/506007 ?

     
    |
    Mark as:
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points