Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install JavaHelp therefore cannot view JavaHelp

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML Version 8

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate on a 64-bit operating system on a new HP HDX Premium Series machine.

When I generate JavaHelp, the files are generated correctly, however, when I click on the "Click View Result to view:  aodb.hs", a dialog box is displayed:

JavaHelp- Requirement

JavaHelp 2.0 or later is required to view output correctly.  Please install the latest JavaHelp or select "View Without Javahelp 2.0"

If I click "View Without JavaHelp 2.0", it displays message saying "JavaHelp 1.0 or later is required to view JavaHelp output.  Please install the latest JavaHelp and locate the install folder."  If I then click, "Locate JavaHelp Install Folder", it opens the "Browse For Folder" window.  I can find the Java folder, but no "javahelp" file.

If I click "Locate javahelp Install Folder", it opens the "Browse For Folder" windoe and I cannot find "Javahelp".  If I then click OK, a window opens with a title of "HtmSingleSourceJavaHelp" and the messages says:  "JavaHelp 2.0 is not installed in the folder: C:\Users|Diane."

I did a search on my computer and it does not find any file called javahelp.

What file should I be looking for?

Is the Javahelp file the RoboHelp viewer is looking for part of the Java install that I have downloaded and installed or is there something separate that i need to download from Sun to install?

Thanks for your help.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this link will help you.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips,  tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Thank you for your reply.  I read your JavaHelp Basics (at least part of it!) and have a questions about the section titled "What tools do you need?"

I only need JavaHelp, not Oracle Help for Java.  Therefore, do I need to create Environment Variables?

Thanks,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Although both folks are from the same part of our globe, Colum is different than Peter. Colum pointed to an article on Peter's site. My guess is that if it's not documented there, Peter will likely not know about it. He's very good at documenting all he can find about any given issue.

Additionally, it's nearly 10:00 PM there, so I'll be a bit surprised if you see a response today.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do need environment variables. I suggest you show the article to one of your developers and enlist their help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp