Skip navigation
wmkolcz
Currently Being Moderated

ColdFusion 8 Download

Oct 6, 2009 5:17 PM

Figures, my edition of CF8 gets corrupted on my server two days after CF9 launches so when I went to download a fresh copy, I can't find it. Does anyknow know where I can find a download for CF8?

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2009 8:56 PM   in reply to wmkolcz

I need one for OSX x64 as well. The download was available about 4 hours ago. but now it's all gone!!!

thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 6:39 AM   in reply to J Tims

At the bottom of the ColdFusion 9 download page you click on the "Related ColdFusion downloads" link.  On this page, all the ColdFusion 8 downloads will be listed at the bottom under the ColdFusion 9 downloads.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 10:25 AM   in reply to wmkolcz

This really has me in a bind also. I needed to uninstall CF 8 to change some drive letters thinking I could just download the server again and put in my serial number - no luck. I have looked all over. I really need to get this server back online. On the additional CF download page I se

Additional ColdFusion 8 Server Installers

but it doesn't list anything. I hope they post it soon. I don't have the disk here. It is in another state

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 10:26 AM   in reply to wmkolcz

Yeah I should have said that is where they are supposed to be.  It has been where old installers have always been before.

I suspect this is an OOPS on Adobe's part and somebody missed a link or three on that page.  I presume a message in the right Adobe ear would ge that fixed fairly quickly, but I'm affraid I do not know a way to get a message into that ear.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 11:37 AM   in reply to wmkolcz

WTF, I also need the 32 bit and 64 bit installers.  Please, somebody from Adobe post these ASAP.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 11:41 AM   in reply to staver

WTF, I also need the 32 bit and 64 bit installers.  Please, somebody from Adobe post these ASAP.

Officially, Adobe neither monitor nor participate in these forums.  Occasionally an Adobe staffer will respond here, but these forums are not an Adobe support channel.  If you need to talk to someone from Adobe, you need to give them a call.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 11:44 AM   in reply to Adam Cameron.

I get that.  It's just odd that the second CF 9 comes out, they turn their backs on the large user base of CF 8 users who still wish to obtain their purchased software from the website from time to time.

As soon as I find the link, I WILL post it here.  I'm not sure why they are trying to hide it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 11:51 AM   in reply to staver

I expect it's because someone f*cked up.  Up until they redid the CF page to promote CF9, both CF8 and CF7 were still available for D/L, so it's not like they have a policy of only allowing the most recent version to be D/Led.  They'll still sell and actively support CF8 for a few years yet, I imagine.

I've brought it to their attention. I'll report back with any info I get back.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 11:53 AM   in reply to staver

They are not trying to hide it.

Somebody made a mistake.  I do it all the time.

I am sure it will be fixed.  It may take a day or three to work through what ever process it takes to get new content on their web site.  But I'm sure it will be fxed.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 8:46 AM   in reply to ilssac

ianskinner wrote:

They are not trying to hide it.

Somebody made a mistake.  I do it all the time.

Thanks for the comments guys.  I too was suprised to find the links missing, and wondered if it might have been deliberate.  Silly of me, since that was not the policy with past releases.

Message was edited by: -==cfSearching==- I must have been dreaming

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 9:20 AM   in reply to -==cfSearching==-

Now there doesn't appear to be anyway to get the CF9 trial installers. All the text on the page, like the listing of files, relate to CF9 but the downloads dropdowns are for CF8 now. This is the main page you get to when you click 'get trial' from the ColdFusion main page. I believe the downloads for CF8 should be on this page

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html

under the CF 8 header. This page is accessible from the main download page when you click on 'get trial'.

(the comment above I was replying to was edited: the URL I am refering to, where you can download CF8 now is http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 11:41 AM   in reply to John A. Creed

@digital active,

I think I spoke too soon and they are still in the process of fixing the links. I went to the download page last night and thought it was fixed (ie CF8 links were available).  But the download options looked different this morning.  So I was either dreaming ...or it is still in the progress.

-Leigh

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 1:22 PM   in reply to -==cfSearching==-

From the CF8 DL section:

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#cf8proddl
    "If your organization is not yet ready to upgrade to ColdFusion 9, you can continue to use ColdFusion 8 to simplify and accelerate Internet application development and deployment."

I called support earlier this week to find out where I could DL CF8. The support rep told me they are no longer allowing CF8 downloads.  You can still purchase CF8 from a reseller (until CF10 is released), but you can't try it before you buy it.  Luckily I was able to find my 64-bit OSX installer.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2009 11:45 AM   in reply to boboliv3r

Do they expect customers to resort to illegal sources just to they can download a free developer version for an OS type they didn´t download in the past?

Experienced the exact same problem today. I had to set up a CF8 dev system on a remote system and our file server only had the 32bit Linux installer instead of the required.64bit.

Guess Railo just gained another supporter.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2009 12:25 PM   in reply to wmkolcz

I'd be slightly concerned as to how your CF8 installer got corrupted in the

first place, too.  Sounds like you might have a flaky hard drive there.

I have a CF8 Windows installer for both 32- and 64-bit here.  If you have an

FTP site I can upload 'em to, I'm more than happy to do so.  Email me the

details: adam_junk@hotmail.com

I don't believe that would violate any licensing rules, as I will not be

providing you serial numbers, just the installer.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2009 9:44 PM   in reply to wmkolcz

can someone please upload the installers to a free hosting service like rapidshare?

thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2009 2:10 AM   in reply to jayel.villamin

Just finished a phone call with Adobe's customer support.

Apparently they're currently in the middle of a software upgrade and can't even enter new support cases into the system until Wednesday morning.

By then it'll already be too late for the project I'm working on.

Guess I'll have to find another way to get that 64bit Linux developer edition. Hopefully there's still a copy buried somewhere on one of the other file servers.

Reminds me of the ludicrous stunt by T-Mobile which might cause all Sidekick customers to lose their data without an chance of recovery.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 11:57 AM   in reply to MikeZ83

Does anybody have a copy of CF8 for OS X in 32-bit? I'm in the same boat as a few others it seems, and am hoping someone can help me not get screwed by Adobe like this.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 12:10 PM   in reply to wmkolcz

Someone at  Adobe please please please point us to a link for CF8 download

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 12:18 PM   in reply to rbarthle17

I have the 32-bit OS X installer for CF 8 and the updated for 8.0.1. I am at a conference until later tonight (back at my house around 8 p.m. Mountain Time. If you don't get it before then, you can send me a message here on the forums ANSI can set them to upload to an FTP server.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 12:48 PM   in reply to boboliv3r

boboliv3r wrote:

I called support earlier this week to find out where I could DL CF8. The support rep told me they are no longer allowing CF8 downloads.  You can still purchase CF8 from a reseller (until CF10 is released), but you can't try it before you buy it.  Luckily I was able to find my 64-bit OSX installer.

If that is indeed the case, I have to say I am surprised.  While I would not expect _all_ past versions to be available for download, I think it is reasonable to expect trial versions be made available for any current software that is available for purchase.  To remove CF8 within days of CF9's release breaks with developer expections, based on prior releases.  Obviously my opinion does not change the current situation, but I am really surprised at this decision .. and disappointed.

-Leigh

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 1:02 PM   in reply to craigkaminsky

craigkaminsy, you sir are a lifesaver! I am sending you a PM now with an FTP server of mine that you can upload it to. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2009 9:05 AM   in reply to wmkolcz

Just got a tweet from @ColdFusion and, apparently, the CF8 downloads will be back online tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21. Keep your eyes out, all those who still need CF8 installers!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2009 8:46 PM   in reply to craigkaminsky

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2009 7:34 AM   in reply to wmkolcz

The link to the cf8 download is http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion8.

Also, if you need cf7 like me, http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion7

I needed 7 because both my 7 & 8 were upgrade vers' and were downloaded instead of receiving the CD.

Won't make that mistake w/ 9.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to dave3462

Does anyone have updated links to teh CF8 download?  The all the links in this thread direct me to the CF10 download.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 7:06 AM   in reply to kschrade78

All,

Please remember that: post CF 10 and CF 902 {minus Verity}, Complete Installer launch, Adobe will not provide any CF 8 and CF9 installers on site officially.

The site will only provide the related Security and other Hotfixes.

But, you can always reach out to the Technical Support at: cfsup@adobe.com, specify the Installer details and we will share the FTP details with you.

Hope this helps.

Rg,

Spsb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to spsb84

spsb84 wrote:

All,

Please remember that: post CF 10 and CF 902 {minus Verity}, Complete Installer launch, Adobe will not provide any CF 8 and CF9 installers on site officially.

The site will only provide the related Security and other Hotfixes.

But, you can always reach out to the Technical Support at: cfsup@adobe.com, specify the Installer details and we will share the FTP details with you.

Hope this helps.

Rg,

Spsb

Is that mentioned aywhere on the official site? An official notification that CF8 is no longer available for download would be better than automatically redirecting to CF10 without explanation IMO. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to -==cfSearching==-

Please refer the following for complete and clear description:

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/availability-of-coldfusion-9

Also, as stated earlier: For any CF801 and CF9 complete installers, please reach out to Adobe Technical Support {cfsup@adobe.com} and we will share the installers.

Hope the same helps.

Rg,

Spsb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to spsb84

Please refer the following for complete and clear description:http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/availability-of-coldfusion-9

Ah, that clarifies things. Thank you.

-Leigh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to -==cfSearching==-

Please refer the following for complete and clear description:http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/availability-of-coldfusion-9

Ah, that clarifies things. Thank you.

Provided one knows to look there for the info. I still think your initial point of posting something on the old CF8 download page on the Adobe site would be the best place for this, rather than someone's blog.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to Adam Cameron.

Provided one knows to look there for the info. I still think your initial point of posting something on the old CF8 download page on the Adobe site  would be the best place for this, rather than someone's blog.

Oh I still think they should place a prominent statement on the relevant page, rather than sending customers 'round in circles. However, at least there was some announcement this time, instead of just yanking the product without warning or explanation like last time ..

-Leigh

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points