Sep 29, 2009 5:38 PM   in reply to pguerett

Thank you again.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 5, 2009 3:01 AM   in reply to pguerett

Hi Paul,

1st - If You can - send me the script. (wzawrockiATyahooDOTcom)

2nd request - I make a forms where end user has possibility to fill and print only - I want to give possibility for end users to save forms as non-fillable pdf (dont want to force them to print on paper and then scan).

I try to make this in file that You attach: Lock All Fields_Purchase Order.pdf but after I fill and lock - the document still can't be saved with changes.

I try my own way to print filled form on PDF Printer (PDFCreator 0.8.0) but result is: 1 blank page and on the second:

ERROR: undefined

OFFENDING COMMAND: get

STACK:

/quit

-dictionary-

-mark

Can You confirm is this script will work due to me needs? Or You have any other ideas how to do it to be easy to end user?

Regards,

Witek Z

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2009 7:31 AM   in reply to Witek Z

The sample is attached in this thread ...there is no need to send it via email. Note that you must be in the Forum software to see the attachments, they will not be included in the email notifications.

If you fill the form online and try to save/print in Reader the data the user entered wil be dropped. If you want to have the data saved as well then you must Reader Extend the form.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2009 4:06 PM   in reply to Witek Z

I am not the individual you need to ask. When I created my form in Designer

8, it allowed me the option for 500 users to be able to save the completed

form and also print it. Paul can confirm this if I am correct. He was the

one in the forms that gave me the information, otherwise I am under the

impression you have to purchase a separate license for it.

Sorry, that's all I can tell you,

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2009 4:08 PM   in reply to pguerett

Paul,

I don't know how or why I keep getting these messages and when

everyone asks questions, they appear to be to me then they write "Paul". Can

you delete my email address from their questions and your responses, it

would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 5:04 AM   in reply to BSelff

You have subscribed to this forum so any time someone makes a post you are being notified. You will need to connect to the main forum home and unsubscribe. I do not control the access to the forums.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 7:23 PM   in reply to pguerett

Hello! Is is possible to write a script which locks only the fields which are filled in? And then is possible to re-open the saved form and fill in the next series of "open" fields, and resave it again, locking any additional fields which have been filled in? I want my user to complete the form in three stages.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 5:44 AM   in reply to NellievD

Yes ...it will involve some mods to the sample I provided but it can be done. Are you familiar with scripting? If not you will find it very difficult.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 6:04 AM   in reply to pguerett

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 6:27 PM   in reply to pguerett

I'm not familiar with scripting.... is it possible to create a very simple pdf and send me a sample of locking some fields, but not others?

That would be very useful in applying the concept to another form. It's clearly a hurdle I need to master.... Thanks.

Actually, I have incorporate some scripting into my form, for example, creating popup messages with user instructions, automating some of the functions in text fields, setting up calculations, etc., so i'd like to give the locking forms scripting a try. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 5:47 AM   in reply to NellievD

It is very simple .....you have to decide when you want to lock the fields (click of a button, filling of a field ...) This is called an event. On the event that you want to code against you add the code to lock the fields that you want. Each field would have one line of code like this:

The name of your field.access = "readOnly";

So if you wanted to lock 7 fields there woudl be 7 statements (one for each field)

Hope that helps

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 6:46 PM   in reply to pguerett

This could be an interesting challenge - creating a form that can be completed in three logical steps, with each of the steps involving locking the fields filled in for that session! I'll tackle this, with your thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 6:51 PM   in reply to pguerett

Oops, I meant THANK YOU!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2009 4:33 AM   in reply to (Tricia_B)

Paul, Thanks for the script.  I have a regular button that submits to email, but I want all fields to be locked after it is received via email.  I tried your lock all fields button, but it only locked one of the fields.  What am I doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2009 6:05 AM   in reply to sixdufries

My script is really a scripting object that gets called. It accepts an input parameter of the subform object you want to lock. I built it to pass form1 (which is the default root node for most forms). If yours is different then the calling scritp needs to be modified to call th esubform that you want to lock.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 8:00 AM   in reply to pguerett

Hi Paul,

You are quite popular here!  I too am trying to create a pdf that I can fill in a small set of fields, lock those fields, and then distribute the form to employees with the rest of the fields remaining fillable, which they will then return the form to me.  I know this is possible, but I know absolutely nothing about scripting.  I downloaded your sample, but was wondering if you had a sample with a script that only locks certain fields.  If so, could you post thator email it to me?

Does this scenario also fall under the Extending license post earlier, where if they have Reader they will not be able to save and re-submit to me (most likely via email attachment).  Is there a way that I could possibly include an email submit button, where they data is submitted to me, the form can't be saved, but I can use the form tracker in acrobat to organize the data myself?

thanks so much for your help!

R

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2009 6:42 AM   in reply to McGilver23

The sample that I posted and that you are using is set up to use a scripting object. The scripting object will accept a parameter that tells it what to lock. In the sample I am passing the root subform (form1) which menas that we will lock the entire form. In your case you woudl wrap the fields that you want locked into a subform (name the subform) then pass that subform name in the call to the scripting object instead of the root name (form1). This will make the script lock the subform only and not the entire form. This technique will allow you to "break up" the form into distinct lockable parts and based on the passing of the name that you want to locl allow you to control what is locked and what is not.

Regrading your 2nd question, if you are sending back data files (xml data file) and not the full PDF file then you do not need Reader Extensions and you can include an email submot button to send back the info. If you want them to send you back the completed PDF as a PDF file then you will require Reader Extensions to accomplish that. You can Reader Extend the form through Acrobat Pro, but you are limited to distribute that form to 500 users (by license agreement). If you need more than 500 users then you must use the LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server to extend your file.

Hope that helps

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 10:17 AM   in reply to pguerett

Paul,

I'm new at XML coding. I tried plugging in the code you posted above, but after the form is emailed and recieved it is still able to be edited. i'm not exactly where the code should be put in my program.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2009 10:26 AM   in reply to wCork32

Post your form and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2009 5:49 AM   in reply to pguerett

Thank you for the help.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2009 1:59 PM   in reply to (Tricia_B)

Paul, I'd be very interested in that code also. Can you email me the sample at sivretb@gmail.com

thank you

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2009 5:05 AM   in reply to Bill@Tufts

It is posted earlier in this thread.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2009 9:00 AM   in reply to pguerett

Paul,

Have you had a chance to take a look at my form? I still cannot find the correct place to put your code in my form.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2009 11:05 AM   in reply to wCork32

Sorry ..this one must have slipped through the cracks. I modified your form to add the code. There is a new scripting objct that actually locks the fields. It accepts a parameter that tells it what section to start locking the form. For this reason I wrapped all of the fields in a subform and passed that subform into the function. If you want to add anything to be locked to the form then make sure that it is inside of this subform.

Paul

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 5:40 PM   in reply to (Tricia_B)

Hi can I get a hold of the script to lock the form down. Can I do this in adobe Pro too? If possible can you email it to

tsubatak001@hawaii.rr.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2009 7:25 AM   in reply to ahiman

It is posted earlier in this thread.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2009 10:46 AM   in reply to pguerett

Hi Paul

I am interested in the script you have to lock the form. I did download the purchase order form , the only thing i do notice is that when i lock the form the e-mail button gets locked as well so i can't e-mail it, can this be changed so the form can still be e-mailed but still be non fillable ? E-mail address is windsurfer@execulink.com

Regards

Wil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 5:01 AM   in reply to windsurfer51

You can just add the code to unlock the email button field after the fact. In my example you an add this line of code after the lock code on the button:

Button.access = "";

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 12:04 PM   in reply to pguerett

Thanks Paul! Got it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2010 11:22 AM   in reply to pguerett

Hi Paul,

Can you send me the script too? my email is ldhoyosr@shaw.ca

Thanks

Liliana

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2010 1:02 PM   in reply to Ldhoyos

It is in an earlier post in this thread

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2010 1:13 PM   in reply to (Tricia_B)

Paul

I am intrested in the Script that you have written, JL_rhernandez@live.com.

Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2010 8:40 AM   in reply to pguerett

Paul:

Sent an email but thought perhaps the proper thing to do was to post here.

I have the sample form with the lock all fields script you sent me a year ago.  I just now have gotten LiveCycle Designer so am a complete novice.  Would it be possible for you to walk me through what I need to do to implement the script from your sample to my document?  Again, complete novice with little scripting experience, so I apologize.

Thank you, in advance, for any help and instruction you can give.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 6:20 AM   in reply to dp18

I replied to the email .....but I will do it here.

1. Copy the scripting object to your form.

2. Now you have to decide when yo want to run the lock code. Assume it is a button, on its click event you will want to run the script. To do that you need the name of th escripting object and the name of the function (LockAllFields) and also pass the name of the subform that you want to lock. Something lke this/

myScript.LoclAllFields("form1");

Give it a try and if you have issues post the form so we can wok from the same assets.

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 6:22 AM   in reply to rghLiquidAxis

That script has been posted on the forum numerous times. Just search on my posts and look for a Lock Fields subject

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 10:56 AM   in reply to pguerett

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 1:22 PM   in reply to pguerett

Got it

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 8:07 PM   in reply to pguerett

Hi,

Thanks for this fine piece of work!

I do have an issue, I have some very nice forms built and I have looked over your form.  I don't know where to place the code though...I see you have a variable but I can't copy from your and paste it to mine.  I can copy the lines of code from the script editor but I'm pretty much lost after this.  I'm also in need of being able to lock the form then use my "save as" button and "print" button functionality.  These both need to remain unlocked.  I am willing to pay someone to assist me here providing this can be done.  I was thinking it might be easier to "print" to the MS XPS driver to flatten the form but I don't know how to add a button to do this.  I am unable to post my forms here due to confidentiality.

Your help and expertise is greatly appreciated Paul.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 8:47 PM   in reply to the_sven

Well as luck would have it, poking around I was able to figure this out and got it working!

I owe you a beer my friend.

Thanks again!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 11:11 AM   in reply to pguerett

Thank you this is exactly what I need. I downloaded the form and opened it up in acrobat pro but not sure how to get to the script in it. What am i doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)