• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What controls the index and search panes in RoboHelp 5?

Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 5 and need to know what controls the index and search panes. Is there a specific file that controls 1 or both?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So many unanswered questions.

What are you using? RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML?

Where are you wanting to control things? In the RoboHelp editor or in the output?

Is this really version 5 or did you mean X5?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that I meant RoboHelp X5. I am using RoboHelp for Word and I am wanting to delete the index and search tabs from the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Thanks for the additional information. But that unfortunately spawns a new question. What is your output?

If it's WinHelp (the only reason I can fathom anyone would be using RoboHelp for Word) I believe you simply omit the CNT file, but it's been eons since I've used RH for Word and done that, so I am likely wrong.

If it's WebHelp, you have options that govern whether the tabs are present. You get to these using the Single Source Layout dialog. (Well, you do in RoboHelp HTML anyway so I guess RH for Word may be different)

Hopefully this helps. If I'm wrong about some of this stuff (which I could be) hopefully someone that is more familiar with RH for Word will chime in and offer more help.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately it is Winhelp, which we are actually moving away from using. In the interim we are using RoboHelp as a browser to display another type of help so the index and search tabs are not needed. I already removed the cnt and all it removed from the output was the table of contents. The Index and Search are still there, but empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp