• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handout screen shots too small! (Word)

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to enlarge the screen shots in lessons or handouts exported to Word without having to manually resize each picture?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RITRAIN,

The only way I know of doing this requires using VBA code. We use this Word macro and store it in Normal.dot -- to avoid security warnings. The code for the macro appears at the bottom of this msg.

If you are scaling the images larger, prior to running the macro create room for the rescaled image by changing the page layout to landscape or adjusting margins. Otherwise the images may be too big to fit on the page and will appear cropped in Page Layout view.

Using this macro on Lessons may or may not produce the results you want. If you want to resize only the slide images and leave the other images at their original size, you would need to insert code to skip images that aren't slides. Perhaps someone can suggest an easy way to identify in VBA code whether an image is of the slide or an object on a slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

docedoc,
Thank you! I would have NEVER found that one on my own...

Happy Halloween

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi docedoc,

Could you please post your VBA code here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to avoid losing the indents on pasted code, like that in the previous msg? The leading spaces seem to have been stripped when the msg was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi docedoc

As you have seen, posting will strip the spaces. I think if spacing is important you may wish to try the "Attach Code" button. Even then I'm not 100% sure about it. Lemme try. I'll attach some text.

Okay, guess the text will show below.

Another thing you may try is to use dashes and symbols prefixing where the spaces should be like this:
Here is a line
-->Here is an indented line
-->Here is another indented line
Here is a non-indented line

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to make your screenshots bigger in handouts is to uncheck the Use tables in the output option in the Publish dialog.

This lets the graphic fill the full width of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jbradley88,

Good point about unchecking the Use tables in the output option. It's the obvious first choice. I'd use my macro if you want even larger screen shots in landscape mode.

Rick,
Thanks for the tip about the attach code. Is there a way to get to the Attach Code button when replying other than posting a Quick Reply and then Editing the post? (I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion of how to post but thought you might be able to point me in the right direction.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

docedoc,

If you click the Reply link in the upper-right corner of a post, you get the full reply option with ability to attach code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbradley88,

I must say, I never even noticed there was a menu at the top of each post, duh. As soon as you pointed it out, the menu screamed at me. Thanks for kindly pointing out the obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would suggest that you take a look at the Captivate article Creating printed versions of Adobe Captivate projects . Here you will find a PDF document that will provide you with the details necessary to customize your Word output templates.

Regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,Tried the link it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Does the article apply to the AdobeCaptivate.dot template used for Handouts? I couldn't find any tags in this template (and I notice that the article doesn't use handouts as an example). Alternatively, is there a way to add slide notes to one of the templates discussed in the article?

I'm using macros to turn the slide notes on handouts into scripts for audio recording but would prefer a simpler solution.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print handouts without tables.  Each page in the MS Word doc is a slide.  Then use a print driver that can handle N-printing... meaning you can print multiple pages onto one physical page.  Cute PDF writer or Microsoft's built in XPS driver can do this.N-printing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The handout template is hard coded. But, working with the other templates and the Word Output document, I was able to create a template that will allow you to publish the Word images and slide notes in Word. And, you can customize the placement on the page and image sizes.

Here are instructions (I'm using Captivate 6 BTW):

1. Make all of your slide notes into closed captioning.

I was able to find the computer code to call the closed captions, but not the slide notes. So you have to drop some audio onto each slide (I'm using 1 second of silence generated in Audacity) and click the button that will turn your slide notes into closed captions. Don't worry...these won't display in your published project unless you have your skin set to display them.

2. Open a new Word document.

3. Copy and paste the script below into your Word document. This script as is will print 2 slides per page with slide notes above the images.

[CPDefaultItemTemplates[CPTemplates[TIMEBLOCK[CPContentInsert]TIMEBLOCK]CPTemplates]CPDefaultItemTemplates]

[CPCapturedSlide

[CPBlockInsert][CPTemplates[CC1[CPCC]CC1]

[CCN[CPCC]CCN]CPTemplates]

[CPSlideImage][size:282x214]

CPCapturedSlide]

[CPContentSlide

[CPBlockInsert][CPTemplates[CC1[CPCC]CC1]

[CCN[CPCC]CCN]CPTemplates]

[CPSlideImage][size:282x214]

CPContentSlide]

4. Adjust the script to your liking:

1. Change the image size. This is set to 282 x 214. But you can change the image size to whatever you want it to be. If you make the size larger, fewer will fit on a page.

2. Move the slide notes, if you want. This is set to put the slide notes above the images. To put the notes below the images, move the [CPBlockInsert][CPTemplates[CC1[CPCC]CC1]

[CCN[CPCC]CCN]CPTemplates] to below [CPSlideImage][size:282x214]. Be sure to move both instances, and don't copy/paste...move!

3. Use Word's formatting options to change the page display. For example, if you use Word to center the code about slide images, the slides will be centered on the page when you publish. You can add your company's logo in the header. Type CPMovieTitle into one place to print the project title...either header or footer. It won't work if you put it in more than one place for reasons known only to Captivate. You can put page numbers or dates in the footer. You can change the font for the slide notes by highlighting the notes code (see #3 above) and making it larger, smaller, different, bold, italic, etc., etc., etc. Whatever you would do with Word to format your handouts, do in this document.

4. Add anything that you want to print on every page outside the [ ] blocks. For instance, if you want to blank lines to print under the notes, you can add before the code for the images.

5. Save the Word document in .doc format with a memorable name where you can find it. You don't have to save with the templates in the Captivate program file.

6. Publish to Print. In the upper, right corner, in the Type section, click the button with ... It's to the right of Handout. That will open a window which will allow you to browse to find and select your Word document. The Layout Options won't do anything, so no need to mess with them. Set the rest of your settings...like project title and publish location and publish.

Things that I don't know, but would like to:

1. Will this work in Captivate 7? Will someone try and let us know?

2. Can you save the Word file in .docx format?

3. Can you set the Word doc to landscape instead of portrait? (I'll bet that you can, but haven't tried it.)

4. What Word options won't work? I know that you can't put this code inside a Word table. Using column and page breaks, I got mine to print with the slide notes on the left and images on the right. Other than that, who knows? Word is a big program, so you'll just have to test.

5. What is the code to call the slide notes? I've called Adobe support twice and can't get a straight answer. If we all start calling and emailing, maybe they'll tell us.

So, I hope this helps. There are so many threads about this and I can't repost everywhere. So, please link to this thread if you see another one where this info will help.

Happy printing!

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources