Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "black out" a section

Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried dragging using the box tool, and then fill, but this doesn't work. Is there a way to specify an area to be blacked out completely on a page so that it is rendered unreadable?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

To add to Phillips comments, you can do that in version 8 Pro or 9. It wasn't available in older versions.

Go to Advanced>Redaction>Show redaction toolbar. Choose "redaction properties" and you can tell it what to do. Then you use the mark for redaction tools to select your area or text and then choose "apply redactions".

Keep in mind that this is permanent and cannot be undone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you have Acrobat 9 go to advanced menu. then to Redaction menu. I belive that will do what you want. I've never used it so I have no idea how it works.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Phillips comments, you can do that in version 8 Pro or 9. It wasn't available in older versions.

Go to Advanced>Redaction>Show redaction toolbar. Choose "redaction properties" and you can tell it what to do. Then you use the mark for redaction tools to select your area or text and then choose "apply redactions".

Keep in mind that this is permanent and cannot be undone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines