Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't verify MySQL DataSource

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I've got problem with setting up a new DataSource on MySQL 4/5 driver. From the beginning:

1. I've installed ColdFusion 9 (Developer Edition), with JRun 4 option. I've done configuration of Apache (conf file, and execution file)

2. When i want to set up new DataSource with MySQL 4/5 driver, i'm getting error.

For Example:

CF Data Source Name:      MyDataSource

Database:                         MyBase

Server:                              localhost

Port:                                 3306

Username:                        user

Password:                         password

After that. I have information:

Connection verification failed for data source: MyDataSource

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3
times. Giving up.

The root cause was that:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3
times. Giving up.

The, in DataSource menu in Administration i see that base, but with this error under entry with name of DataSource.

What i'm doing wrong?

I have tried to install MangoBlog, but i can't do this with that issue. When i try, i get:

Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface CFIDE.scripts.MangoBlog_1.4.1.components.utilities.PreferencesFile.

I think it's about that error which i've described.

Anyone got some ideas to this ?

Greets,

Rafal

TOPICS
Database access , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF can not open a TCP socket to the database server. Check that the database server is actually running, listening on port 3306 and not locked by a firewall. If you have IPv6 enabled on your system, try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any processes that might be claiming all the connections to the database?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A connection limit in MySQL that is exhausetd should give a different error since then you would essentially connect and be disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jochem van Dieten
A connection limit in MySQL that is exhausetd should give a different error since then you would essentially connect and be disconnected.

Why presume that, when you're told there were 3 attempts to reconnect?

Ronski87, you can eliminate the connection-limit hypothesis by doing the following in the Administrator:

1) For that particular datasource, choose to Show Advanced Settings. Enter this query in the field Validation Query:

set @@global.max_connections = 1000;

2) Press the button to submit the changes.

3) Is the datasource now verified?

If not, my next bet will be one of Jochem's ideas, a firewall block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maybe this KB or this KB will help you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all reply's

I've tried to make with your suggestions, that means with Your suggestion BKBK -> still the same error.

Alexei -> this .jar's neither.

I downloaded Advanced Port scanner to test port's status. Every time (is firewall on or not) i have 3 to 5 ports opened (23 - telnet, 25 - smtp, 80 - www, 110 - pop3). Rest is blocked. I work on laptop, but situation with my standalone PC looks the same -> all ports are blocked, excepts this few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all ports are blocked, excepts this few.

You need security, but this is all-borders-closed dictatorship.

You should configure the firewall to allow MySQL on port 3306.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there again.

sorry guys (and girls if any ofc), i'm so stupid...

the only problem with my issue was that, i didn't set up new database in phpmyadmin (using MySQL). Now, i set new one, set user, password and... everything works fine.

sorry for that, human is learning for all the time

I want to thank everybody who helps me with posting, and see You again in the next issue

Greetings,

Rafał

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you. Can you explain what you mean by "set up new database in phpmyadmin (using MySQL". I am using Dreamweaver CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2010 Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if You want to use DataSource with MySQL driver, you have to SET UP a new database via phpMyAdmin. It is a tool which with you can add and make everything you want with MySQL databases. Setting it up, adding new tables, edit tables and more. I'm using WAMPP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) - a windows web development environment. here yoe've got the link:

http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

If You have more questions, write here or send me pm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to use PHPMyAdmin to do this.  PHPMyAdmin is just a web-based DB client.  MySQL does come with its own GUI management tools.  Or indeed one can just connect to the server on the command-line and do anything you like that way too 😉

My impression of PHPMyAdmin - although I've not used it for 7-8yrs - was that it was to a proper GUI tool what Outlook Web Access is to MS Outlook: a rather poor cousin.

But - yes - to create a working CF DSN, there does have to be a database to connect to first, so one does need to create it if it doesn't already exist!

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem. Both IIS and PHP use port 80. I thought I had uninstalled IIS but had not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having exact same issue.

Am able to connect via DW with PHP and everything works fine, then try connecting via CF9 Administration to the same database as PHP, I get same error message as above, then try connecting via DW with CF the error message is saying "access denied"

Environment is;

OS X 10.6.2 64 bit

MAMP Pro 1.8.4

CF 9 Developer Edition

MySQL

One thing I have notice is that CF 9 installer produced error log and when reviewing couldn't identify any issues and all seems to be working fine except connecting to MySQL.

Can anyone assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try checking mySQL user settings in DB mysql TABLE user

In field "host" of your user  CF requires to have "localhost". Some SQL shell (like the old gui tools of myMySQL) will set this field to "%".

NB: setting to "localhost" you will no more able to access remotely with that user. You may want to duplicate the row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for prompt response.

Tried your suggest and unfortunately still the same issue, works with PHP but not CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! 

After some process of elimination, I worked out that MAMP Pro uses different install of mySQL to MAMP.....

All I had to do is (In MAMP PRO, File -> Edit Template ->MySQL my.cnf) Find MAMP_skip-networking_MAMP and then remove or comment out this line) then restart all service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same issue, but I didn't install mysql with MAMP Pro but through macports. I've verified the location of my socket and mysql is up and running fine, listening on port 3306 and seems to accept both TCP/IP connections as well as through the socket.

I am on Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.3, running Coldfusion 9 and MySQL 5.1.47. The exact message I am getting when I try to verify the DSN from the Coldfusion Administrator is:

Connection verification failed for  data source.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:  Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3  times. Giving up.
The root cause was that:  com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:  Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3  times. Giving up.

Any insight into why I can't connect? All the online forums seem to suggest that it's the JDBC driver, but I am reluctant to replace the driver until I am absolutely sure that is the problem, since it might have other repurcussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have MAMP PRO use port 8889 with colfusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gpferret, your solution totally fixed the problem I encountered. My data source verifies OK now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with CF10, xampp-win32-1.8.1-VC9.  Problem was resolved by setting USER to "root".  It wouldn't let me use a custom user to whom I had granted all privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CF2016 on Windows 7, following manual setup instructions from learncfinaweek.com, ran into the same problem. Wandarous's solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with CF 11 and CF 10 on Mac, running Mysql with MAMP Pro. What I did in the end was a combination of these steps, I don't know if all are necessary but at least it works now

1. In MAMP pro go to -> file > edit template > MYSQL my.cnf (after you shut down the server)

2. Comment out MAMP_skip-networking_MAMP

3. Added: max_connections = 1000 (in section [mysqld])

4. Restart server in MAMP

5. In CF datasource I changed server settings to 127.0.0.1 port 3306

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another cause:

I migrated the datasources for a CF9 install to a new computer by copying the lib/neo-datasource.xml file. Restarted all CF services. All good, datasources appear in cfadmin. But... the passwords for the MySql server were wrong even though the MySql db password was the same as on the old server). I guess they are not stored in neo-datasource.xml which makes sense.

Anyway, I just went through and re-entered the password for each datasource and it verified ok each time.

FYI

Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying to get ColdFusion 9.x to connect to an installed MySQL 8 server (Also running MS SQL and IIS) and getting the same error.  The solution turned out to be to open the advanced section of the Data Source Name form and enter the following string into the "Connection String" box:

useUnicode=yes&characterEncoding=UTF-8

Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation