• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Able to share full desktop, but cannot share an app

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got set up with hosted Acrobat Connect. I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop with an external monitor. I run both screens at 1920x1200x32bit. I was able to share the entire desktop (either monitor) just fine, but when I tried to share a FireFox or IE browser, the screen showed a denim color with a light gray cross-hatched line... kind of like what you see when a video is run through the wrong codec. I couldn't do anything to bring it up.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try sharing your complete desktop, if you share just the application and a third party application comes up it will show the screen you are describing. For web browsers it's normally best to share entire desktop, or application. Not just a window. Hope that helps.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I follow your response - I was sharing an application, not a window.

I think I figured out what was going on, though. Prior to Adobe Connect, we used Nefsis. When Nefsis shared an application, you just saw the application appear as a free-standing window. Adobe Connect shares an application by sharing a desktop with everything but the selected application(s) blanked out with a blue mask. When you have multiple monitors, the blanked out desktop is using your primary monitor. If the application is running on the secondary monitor when you start sharing, the result is that your participants only see a blank blue screen until you move the app to your primary monitor.

I would call this a bug, but I'm not sure how you'd fix it given the way the shared app is implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines