Skip navigation
Codesquared
Currently Being Moderated

FlexUnit Eclipse/Flex Builder 3 Plugin - Feedback Please

Apr 11, 2009 4:03 AM

Hi All,

I have been beavering away developing an Eclispe plugin for FlexUnit and would like your feedback.

To get this free plugin simply visit: http://www.codesquared.com/eclipse/installinstructions.html

Let me know what you think.

Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2009 4:56 PM   in reply to Codesquared

I've tried to install it on Eclipse 3.4.2 but I get the following error:

"Cannot complete the request.  See the details.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.debug.ui [3.4.0.v20080529-1300]."

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2009 12:48 PM   in reply to Codesquared

Hi, I just install FlexUnit eclipse plugin. I was waiting for this kind of plugin !!!

I'm on Mac OS 10.5.6 with Flex Builder 3 standalone and  I get a validation error on preference page...

When I try to set the flash player app path ( /Applications/DEVELOPPEMENT/Adobe Flex Builder 3/Player/mac/10/mac/Flash Player.app) I get a validation error : Value must be an existing file.

Seems that Mac Path are not supported here... But Flash player log directory set to : /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/ seems to be accepted.

Ready to help for having a MAC compliant version...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2009 1:12 PM   in reply to Codesquared

I don't see it on the update site, is it already published?

Also, is it possible to have a downloadable version, so I can try putting it into the dropins folder directly, as I still have the error on the eclipse dependency above. My computer is also a Mac with Leopard and Flex Builder is installed as an Eclipse plugin, not the standalone version.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2009 6:42 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Hi Mark,

the Eclipse version that I have is the Mac OS X 3.4.2 Eclipse SDK.

If I add the update site "http://www.codesquared.com/eclipse" in Help -> Software Updates from the Add Site... button I get a new item in the tree with name:

file:/C:/Users/Mark/Documents/Projects/Eclipse/EclipsePlugIn/com.code squared.eclipseplugin.flex.flexunit.updatesite/ - metadata

which contains the Flex Unit Plugin category and inside that the FlexUnit Plugin, but only version 1.0.0.

When I select the checkbox and press the button "Install..." I get a dialog with the FlexUnit plugin selected and the error in the title "cannot complete the request" and in the details textarea "Cannot complete the request.  See the details.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.debug.ui [3.4.0.v20080529-1300]." so I cannot proceed with the "Next" or "FInish" button which are disabled.

If I go to Plugin Details the org.eclipse.debug.ui item is present with version 3.4.2.v20090110_r342.

Hope this helps in spotting the problem, I don't have any issues installing other plugins.

--m

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2009 11:37 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Mark,

Let me know if you would like to work with us for FlexUnit 4 support.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2009 1:02 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Hi, is the source for this available somewhere? This would be a perfect addition to my development evironment, but it doesn't seem to run with a flex-mojos created project which uses src/main/flex as the main source folder instead of just src.

Regards,

Hannu

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2009 8:59 AM   in reply to Codesquared

The Plugin looks great, but I too am using the Flexmojos project and so my main flex source directory is not in the typical Flex source location.  Can the location of the flex src directory be added as a preference?

Keegan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2009 2:26 PM   in reply to Codesquared

Hi,

Your response to my question was pretty quick actually and I am grateful. Flexmojos makes you put non test code in src/main and test code in src/test. The problem may be that in eclipse we use src/main  as the source folder path and then add src/test as a separate library path entry.

Does the plugin only reference the sourceFolderPath in the  compiler tag of .actionscriptproperties or does it look at all the  compilerSourcePathEntry tags inside the compilerSourcePath tag.

I have attached a copy of our .actionScriptProperties so you can see how we have it mapped out.

Thanks,

Keegan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2009 10:35 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Sorry the attachments don't work.  Here are the contents of the .actionscriptproperties file.

We have multiple source paths.

Keegan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2009 11:53 AM   in reply to Codesquared

A great plugin.  I have installed it, although had some troubles first.  See my blog at http://sberka.blogspot.com/.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2009 12:46 AM   in reply to keegsands

Hi, Keegan,

It looks like the plugin can't deal with multiple source paths.

However you can generate harness in some other project with a single source path and then copy it to you test source path.

But for me, unfortunately, version 1.1.0 of this plugin does not support FlexUnit 4 test annotations, since EclipsePluginTestRunner.run() expects input paramater of type flexunit.framework.Test.

So I decided to use standard FlexUnit4 UI test runner for Flex Builder-based debugging. And of course I use flexmojos runner in Maven build process.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 6:15 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Hi,

I am trying to use the update site for the FlexUnit plugin, however when it tries to get the repository details, it throws an error message saying that there is no repository at this location.

Has the repository being removed?

Thanks & Regards,

Madhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 5:24 AM   in reply to Codesquared

Any avancement for the Flexunit 4 support ??

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2011 2:05 PM   in reply to Codesquared

I am using Eclipse 3.4.2 . The plugin doesn't seem to detect any output written to flashlog.txt. I have a very small test that only calls assertTrue(false). I see the following in the log file:

F,com.codesquared.example.test::AccoutTest,testNew,expected:<true> but was:<false>,<<

Nothing shows up in the FlexUnit output tab. Also, I have to exit the flash player manually, not sure if this is expected. Once I run this once, eclipse (javaw.exe) has a hold of the flashlog.txt file and subsequent tests will not write to it. Using Process Explorer (I'm using Windows XP), I can force it to close the handle to the log file and the next flash player instance will use it. (but eclipse will once again hold on to this).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

George

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points