Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks from Excel to PDF

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003 Pro. In a spreadsheet, I have a list that is distributed to a domain on a weekly basis as a PDF file. The Spreadsheet contains Hyperlinks linking to URL's. I'm using Acrobat 7.0 Standard. When I create the PDF-file from my Excel-sheet all the links disappear...?

Is there a way to keep the links from my Excel-sheet in a PDF-file...?

Thanks in advance

Michael

PS: Using link tool and edit links directly in PDF is not an option!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating the pdf? If you use the toolbar, it should work to preserve links. If you print to pdf it will not preserve links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both print and toolbar. No links when I view the finished PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the toolbar in Excel to convert to PDF, did you check the options from Excel - Adobe PDF->Change Conversion settings? The options "Enable accessibility..." and "Add links.." should be checked ON (these are ON by default). Please try after setting these 2 options ON and converting to PDF again from Excel->Adobe PDF->Convert to PDF.

-Amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AmbooS,

I've tried every combination.The features enable acc..... and Add links... are on. result is still the same. The procedure you describe is the excact mo I use.

Help!!!

Regards

Leachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated Acrobat to at least 7.05 or greater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori,

I’m running 7.1.0 – latest version.

Regards

Leachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using googledocs? I tried for exporting word 2003 to PDF and all the links are live.

Thus you may upload your spreadsheet then download as PDF.

You may have a try. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here as well!!!

I mean, it's just frustrating when the links in Word are kept after the conversion but those in Excel are all gone!!!!

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 7.0.8 Standard.

Need URGENT help on this!!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a sample document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, the truth is, it doesnt work in ANY cases!!!

I mean, you can try it out as I did: open a new excel file, write click on it! in the first cell and make a hyperlink to a document or whatsoever.

It works perfectly in Excel but after the conversion, all i got was "click on it!" without any hyperlink!!!

:S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! I just tested it with Excel 2003 and AA7.1.3 (the latest, not 7.1.0) on XP. I got the same result. The link in the PDF was in appearance only. To confirm the setup, I also did the same process in WORD 2003 and the link works. I don't have a solution, just confirmation as well as a comment regarding the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-.-"

You see?? How absurd that is!!! I mean it works just fine with Word while it totally messes up the hyperlinks in Excel!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, I tried it with Excel 2007 and AA8. The links worked fine. I wonder if this is an issue with PDF Maker or Excel 2003. It is likely a PDF Maker problem, but would not discount Excel entirely. You might want to try an update to OFFICE 2003 (or maybe that is the problem!). I am on Excel  2003 SP3 (11.8307.8221).

As a follow up, I tried it with OFFICE 2000 and AA6. The link worked. Again, it does not help but suggests a problem with AA7 PDF Maker with OFFICE 2003. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In excel, are you using Insert>Hyperlink or are you using the =HYPERLINK() function in the cell?

I find that using the Adobe pdfmaker within Excel ONLY preserves links if they are defined by Insert>Hyperlink.

Any other users found this?

Its very annoying as I have 700 rows of hyperlinks generated using the HYPERLINK function!! I am not going to redefine them all by using Insert>Hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using the Insert|Hyperlink function....? = no preservation upon

conversion!!

Regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines