• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer Support Hell

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting hour number 4.5 on hold with support for a problem that Adobe admits is theirs.  Have talked to 4 people so far.  Tha last guy assured me that I wouldn't have to hold long for guy number 5... an hour later I'm still on hold. I now have 2 case numbers, nothing seems to help.

Apparently when my Adobe Connect license was renewed Adobe entered wrong info and now I can't administer my account without them re-setting it.

I think I'm hanging up and going to lunch.  If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.  But it appears that I'm at their mercy...

Just needed to vent!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem...di you get any remedy...please advise...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called them back about 5 weeks ago and they said they needed to fix something on their end.  Again, they admitted it was their fault.  I have left the company since then but before I left (3 weeks ago) I had heard nothing back from Adobe.  So, I'm guessing the problem is still not fixed.  Wish I could be more help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

I am turning to Craigslist and posting an add for guru help...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck with this? I can help, if you are still running into problems? Just let me know. Thanks

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect | adobe systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary, do you still have open case numbers? Can you send me them? What are your specific issues, and I'll get the right resources involved.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The case # is: 181110364

The last thing I got from Adobe was an email about going to the "Web Email Support Portal to view your case history..." but there was never anything there. There were no open cases, only closed.

Our problem is that once we renewed our subscription to Adobe Connect we were shut out of the Admin. part. We can set meetings but I can't get into Contents or Admin to make any changes. I am the Administrator and always was before.

All I get now is:

Not Authorized

You do not have permission to access this item.

For further assistance, please check out the Connect Pro support center <https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/go/support_index.html> or contact Connect Pro support <https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/go/support.html> .

Thanks for your help!!

Alison Quarles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  I was able to get a case number the other day in about an hour, but I was not with the computer.  Today, I called customer support and currently at 3 hours listening to that crappy music.  Am I in the queue? How many are in front of me?  Approximately what is the wait time?  Just music.  Shit, just hear a click, dial tone.  That's one way to treat a customer. Make then wait for hours, then disconnect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you have admin access now Mary, and let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet...

Alison Quarles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you private message me your username and URL you are entering, and the exact error message you see?

I had your account re-added to admin group, so I'm hoping it is now working. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all set now Mary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I go back in and reset my user name and password to what it was before? Otherwise we're set!

Thanks for all your help - don't think it would have happened without you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't reset your username, go find your original account through Users and Groups and add the Administrator group back to your account. Change your password, then you should be setup again with your original account

I'm here if you need more help Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar experience trying to get support for an issue that is now affecting our entire company where the Connect add-in says it needs to close and prevents us from using the sharing features.  It would appear that Adobe has off-shored their support with extremely poor results.  The person I spoke with seemed more interested in passing the buck than providing any support.  He couldn't even be bothered to confirm my platinum support number.  When I suggested that the problem generated a Dr. Watson error, he said I could create a dump, but when I asked him what paramenters I should use, his response was that I should Google it.  IF I WANTED TO USE GOGGLE FOR SUPPORT, I WOULDN'T HAVE PAID FOR PLATINUM SUPPORT!  Mind you, at least Google tried to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, I completely understand.

I've called with a mission critical problem three times. I really hesitate to complain about Indian support (b/c it is not always bad) but EVERY time I have called Connect Pro support, it is a complete and utter waste of time!!

I am so frustrated, especially considering I put my job on the line choosing Adobe Captivate 4 with Connect Pro as a solution. I am two weeks behind on a very important project and still have no solution. If anyone is interested, please see my earlier post.

Worse, the first tech support person promised to email me a summary of our conversation. "Don't worry... he stated" He also promised to escalate my issue to a U.S. based support person (I called last Thursday U.S. Thanksgiving). Not only did he not email me, I never heard from him again! He promised to follow up with me today.

I called again today and experienced another frustrating call with a different person.

Two of the problems are that a) they appear to have trouble comprehending the issues; b) they do not seem to fully understand the product they are supporting.

Technical support should be a plesant experience!  Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here.  I even had one of the forum moderators tell me he was going to have a support person call me after I complianed on another thread, and almost a month later, still no call!  As it turns out, our issue was solved by upgrading to IE8.  It took a bit of a sales pitch to convince our management we should upgrade, and we had to deal with issues in our old EBS application, but everyone's happy now, and I can get back to everything I was letting lag trying to fix this problem without the "platinum" support I paid good money for!

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matt,

It is nice that you were able to help out a forum member.

What does it take to receive this level of support. I really need help with a mission critical problem with Captivate 4 and/or Connect Pro. I posted another message on this forum regarding my problem. So far, every phone call I made to the Connect Pro 'support' team in Indian resulted in nothing. They simply do not understand what I am trying to accomplish, despite my politeness, patience, my willingness to try anything. None of them made any apparent effort to find someone else with more knowledge.One had promised to email me and escalate the call...but I never heard back from Gupta (sp?).

These calls were an absolutely terrible experience.

I am going to call again today and demand to speak with a supervisor. This cannot go on any longer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have gold/platinum support? Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do. I'm no expert with Captivate, but I can try to find the answer to what you need.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines