Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle crashes when opening pdf

Level 2

Posting this here because I'm not getting a lot of help from tech support. LiveCycle crashed ("stopped responding") while I was working on a pdf, and now it crashes again every time I try to open a pdf. It starts up normaly, but crashes after loading the file. This goes for any pdf file of any kind- the files aren't corrupt, they run on my coworker's LiveCycle just fine.

I restarted my computer, and when that didn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled all of adobe acrobat 9 pro, and still it does the same old thing.

Anyone ever had this issue? Anyone have an idea about what it is?

6 Replies

Level 2

PS, if it helps, FYI: I also tried to install the updates available on Adobe's support section, but the files claimed I could not use them because I did not have the correct version of LiveCycle installed (which is not true).

Former Community Member

You said it crashes with every form? If you start a new one will it crash? What is your OS and did this always happen or is it something new?

Paul

Level 2

Yes, even if you start a new form directly in LC, it crashes as soon as it tries to display it.

It has been working fine for weeks, it just randomly did this to me yesterday.

Former Community Member

Sounds like something else may have replaced a shared DLL. Has anything else been installed

on that machine? If you unistall, reboot, then instll again does it help?

Paul

Level 2

No, my old computer crashed 3 weeks ago, so everything was installed on this new computer then. Haven't changed anything since.

Also, it was a sudden occurrence, happening first while I was already in the program working on a file.

I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled.

Level 2

Issue fixed, got help elsewhere.

FYI, Deleted this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\(*username*)\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2

:\