Expand my Community achievements bar.

Oracle Connection error in Hibernate

Former Community Member

Hi,

We've just installed ES2 on a WebSphere Cluster (on Linux) with an Oracle 10g database

Everything appears to be running fine, but we've noticed a lot of errors in the log like this:

[14/12/09 12:26:00:149 EST] 0000003b ErrorLogger   E org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger schedulerError Job (QUARTZ_JOBGROUP_IDP.DIRSYNC_FINISHER_JOB threw an exception.
                                 org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [See nested exception: com.ibm.ejs.container.UnknownLocalException: nested exception is: org.hibernate.HibernateException: unknown Oracle major version [0]]
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:213)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)
Caused by: com.ibm.ejs.container.UnknownLocalException: nested exception is: org.hibernate.HibernateException: unknown Oracle major version [0]
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory$1.getDialectClass(DialectFactory.java:150)
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory.determineDialect(DialectFactory.java:65)
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory.buildDialect(DialectFactory.java:39)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.determineDialect(SettingsFactory.java:426)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:128)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2073)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1298)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.dao.hibernate.HibernateUtils.getSessionFactory(HibernateUtils.java:57)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.dao.hibernate.HibernateUtils.getSession(HibernateUtils.java:75)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.synch.hibernate.HibernateSynchronizationDao.getSession(HibernateSynchronizationDao.java:81)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.synch.hibernate.HibernateSynchronizationDao.acquireClusterLock(HibernateSynchronizationDao.java:1081)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.synch.dao.EJSLocalStatelessHibernateSynchronizationDao_b06e7930.acquireClusterLock(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.AbstractClusterJob.execute(AbstractClusterJob.java:76)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: unknown Oracle major version [0]
    ... 15 more

This link appears to show some that this can occur with hibernate:

This link appears to describe similar issues:  https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2373597

Any thoughts on whether we should apply specific patches?

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 7

I think it wants you to tell Hibernate (LiveCycle Content Services ES uses it) what DB dialect to use.  Please see this for more details (see last sentence):

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2009/08/livecycle_-_websphere_jvm_argu.html

Adding the following Generic JVM argument might help:

-Dhibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect

See this:

http://www.javabeat.net/qna/163-list-of-hibernate-sql-dialects

If you don't plan to use Content Services ES, you can also undeploy it.

Level 4

Have you tried the 2nd option referred in the post you referred to. I mean checking for classes12.jar being used?

Level 7

Please ignore my previous post - totally wrong.  I didn't realize on first read that the exception was coming from the Quartz Scheduler.

Level 1

I'll was thinking bumping this instead was better than creating a new thread about this because I have the exact same problem. I've tried to use the HibernateDialect JVM argument, but this still gives me errors, different errors though, something about acquireClusterLock(UnknownSource).

Anybody have a solution for this? Any help here is very appreciated.