Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported SWF background turns red (CP4)

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys.

I'm working on an e-learning project which requires me to embed an interactive swf file in my Captivate project.

It all works out fine except that the background of the swf turns red. I have tried a few things with the embedded swf in my attempts to make it work.

1. I placed a white box below all other elements. It did not work.

2. Turned the box into a movie clip. It did not work.

3. I noticed that the embedded image elements kept their backgrounds so I made a white png image and place it below all other elements. No change.

Please see the attached image. If anyone have any idea of what may cause this and how to solve the problem, please share!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If the SWF background turns red when you just view the file in Flash Player then this might mean that the SWF is taking up too much memory. The other thing you could do is check in the source FLA file that using the Flash Timeline, you have hidden any layers that you don't want published and make sure that the Flash Publish settings option "Include hidden layers" has not been accidentally selected.

Let us know how you get on.

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I found the problem and it wasn't in the flash file at all. The red square was caused by a solid png image that was saved from Photoshop WITH transparency. When I saved it again without the transparency it looked like it was supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! I would have to surmise that this situation was quite literally a "Red Herring"!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delighted to hear that you managed to squash this gremlin. 🙂

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but none of the solutions described here work.  My red screen appears at a specific point in the animation--when we show circles on specific parts of a piece of equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does it begin by displaying some red blocks, then continue until the whole screen turns red and it remains that way? If so, you are likely seeing memory exhausted. Otherwise known as the "Red Screen Of Death". If that's the case, I'm guessing there is a lot of Full Motion Video clips?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That's not the behavior.

The animation plays fine to begin with. The animation show a piece of equipment. Then it zooms in and highlight parts of the equipment by showing some yellow outlines.  It is at this point that the jpg showing the equipment is replaced with the red background on top of which, we can see the yellow outlines.  Then as the animation progresses, the red background disappears. This behavior ONLY happens when the movie is inside Captivate. Have no idea of what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If this is happening when you view the published Captivate project file, then you might want to try publishing again but this time externalizing the animation. You can do this by selecting the option I have highlighed in the screen shot below.

Preferences_dialog_animation.png

If that does not solve the problem and you can spare the time, I would suggest that you report this bug to the Captivate team. You can do this by clicking on the Feature Request / Bug Report link which can be found in the Useful Links pod of the Adobe Captivate forum web page.

Best - Mark

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Mark, externalizing resources work. Hum..., what was the problem? I have not had to that before, only with this particular animation.

Anyway, it worked.

Have a great holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this odd behavior before when taking Illustrator files with clipping masks and importing them into flash. All of a sudden there are red boxes everywhere. Using .PNG or .JPG didn't produce the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources