Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation server (adeactivate.adobe.com) service disruption

Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Activation server wil be unavailable tomorrow from 9 am until 10 am PST (-7:00).  I will post confirmation when the server is back up again and apoligize for the inconvenience.

--

Jim Lester

Adobe Systems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2009 Dec 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been rescheduled to be sometime later this day.  I will post when the schedule has been determined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server downtime will be from 12:00 (noon) to 1:30 pm PST (-7:00) or in a little over 30 minutes from this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is now back online (we completed the needed work at bit earlier than expected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I've apparently reached a limit on activations (new computer etc) and now, when trying to install ADE on my new laptop, I'm getting this message:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 882:4882:7882 urn:uuid:e5dd014d-fed8-430a-965c-4a2cd857be49

Who do I contact to get my activations reset? This is causing a big headache and is preventing me from using my Sony PRS300 Reader.

Rgds,

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your choice of going through Sony support or opening up a web case through http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions ("Click on submit a web case")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother going through Sony.  They just have to put in a web ticket with Adobe too.  Going on 4 days now waiting for more activations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it might be a good idea to call them anyway.  Maybe if Sony knows what a problem Digital Editions is, they might have more pull to get this issue resolved than us poor saps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just think Adobe isn't prepared to deal with customer service for this type of product.They're simply too big and this product is too insignificant as a revenue stream. I submitted a ticket on Wednesday but have had no response. Just another example of how DRM is irritating to good customers. Doubly so when there are two companies you have to deal with. I wonder if Amazon is any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines