Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Panels Blank in CS4

Dec 30, 2009 7:21 PM

I have a problem where quite often the panels in CS4 show nothing -- they are blank. This includes, color, swatches, character, etc. (all of them). I did a search on this site and see where someone thinks it is tied to using Spaces. Is this true, and if so is there a way around it? I can sometimes get the panels to come back with info in them if I change the workspace from one to another -- for example going from Essentials to Typography and then back again.

I have been trying to organize my working environment and Spaces seemed like a good way to keep my graphics work from my email/web surfing clutter, but if CS4 can't handle this then I guess I will have to go back to my old way of working.

It happens in Illustrator as well (not really in Photoshop).

Thanks if anyone can shed some light on this.

Jeff

PS. Using CS4 under Snow Leopard on a MacPro (2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) with 6GB RAM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2009 2:45 AM   in reply to posterns

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2009 6:19 AM   in reply to posterns

Did you follow the directions in the link?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2009 10:49 AM   in reply to posterns

When we recently upgraded to CS3 from CS we also started seeing that behavior with the swatch panel. But tinkering with the panel (collapsing, minimizing, closing, reopening) at some point would solve the problem. I'm not sure exactly what the solution is, but it was a simple jiggering that solved it.

We also have seen for some people certain panels go completely blank in InCopy (such as the character panel) on some machines on their login but not on other machines with their logins. This was solved by deleting some files on their C drive (application data files for Adobe InCopy). Our environment certainly might be far different than yours, though, so I don't know that this would apply for you.

Dhyana

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points