Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a PDF as landscape orientation

Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dynamically generated pfd. The content is set up for landscape but when I open it in the browser or in Acrobat it is a landscape document that is rendered in portrait. In acrobat I can go into view and tell it to be landscape, but when I save it, it reopens as portrait again.
How can I take a pdf page that is in portrait and save it out so it opens up in landscape?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggled with the same essential problem but just found a solution. Check out page 16 of dissertations.umi.com/etd_tutorial_proquest.pdf. It's a manual to help grad students format their PhD dissertations for printing. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, but the link provided no longer goes to the manual referenced. Does anyone have any other ideas? I've created a landscape document in Illustrator CS4, go to print it as a PDF, and though it would print correctly, when I open the PDF it's tipped over sideways (portrait). What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines