Skip navigation
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2010 1:06 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Ok, good job. Watch out for the spammers, I see they have been on your thread also.

Got to go for sure now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2010 1:24 PM   in reply to Nep7tune

I did my own research on cleaning the registry, and some experts suggest not to do it. So, I retract my earlier statement on cleaning the registry, as a suggestion on fixing his problem. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2010 7:27 PM   in reply to eidnolb

Hi Gagan, Don't know if you are online. I have a couple of questions about the Java add ons. You have 3 of the 1.6.0_17 that are the same. Then you have 2  1.60_17 listings. Then a Java (TM) plugin 2 SSV Helper. Can you list the file #"s for the 5?

Is one of the 5 JQSIEStartDetectorImpl  Class   BHO   file jqs_plugin.dll?

Is one of the 5 isinstalled  Class     wsdetect.dll?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2010 8:53 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Hi, I was reading:-) I was comparing your Java listings with another user. I will have to check how you get the info. IE8 gives more info but since I don't have it, not sure. Have to check. I need a test computer for IE7 and one for IE8 so I know

where things are. LOL

2 of the Java entries are BHO's browser helper objects and the one (2 SSV) you have disabled- Ok

The one isinstalled Class you also have disabled-Ok. It is an ActiveX Control

In post #57, where you listed your add ons, you said there were 3 for Java 1.6.0_17

Also 1.6.0_17 and 1.6.0_17, and the Java(tm) plugin 2 SSV Helper

A total of 6 Java entries

There are 2 Java add ons that have bugs in them, one is the 2 SSV Helper which you disabled and that is why. I am

tryting to determine if any of the remaining entries is the other one with the bug.

All of the Java entries are either ActiveX Controls or BHO's, anything in the IE browser has an affect, good or bad. Trying to identify the bad.

Can you give me more info on the "ssv helper class"?

I know the file numbers of all of the Java entries that most people receive when they download Java 6 update 17, but I don't know what yours are.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2010 9:26 AM   in reply to Gagan464

Hi Gagan, thank you for clearing Java up. The installed Class ActiveX Control Java entry is "not verified. This is the other

one. I would disable it. However I don't think that this would be the "only" issue, but it may be. Try and see. This one and

the other one (2SSV) that you already disabled, helped another user and they were able to view 2 websites after this.

Let me know. I have a few errands to run and then will be back on. In the meantime, when you first started having these

problems, was it after updating flash only? Did you install any additional Norton products at that time? I did quite a search

on Norton and was amazed at all they install, quite invasive. I reviewed Malwarebytes Log Scans, HJT logs, etc. I may have you do a search on one particular file when I return.

Thanks

Message was edited by: eidnolb  add'l

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2010 12:05 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Hi Gagan,

Can you give me an approximate date when you noticed problems or within a day or two?  We know FP 10.0.42.34 didn't

update, but I know for a fact Norton did, many different times. During that 2 week period after updating Flash Player, did

you install any other software, Windows or IE updates? What about Java, any updates or installations, any additional

anti-virus/spyware, etc?

You had Norton, updated Flash and for 2 weeks no problem. Then youtube advised you to update Flash. Trying to get the

time line correct.

When you updated Norton and renewed your subscription, was the 3 separate programs that you listed all installed at one

time or separately?

Thanks G

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2010 2:47 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Hi Gagan, snowing in the Midwest!!

Ok, so you had the previous version when you updated Norton, but didn't have any problem until around mid month 15-18th or so. Then after the problems, you uninstalled and installed the latest version.

Now during that time, Norton was issuing updates as were all of the Anti-virus/spyware programs. The entire month of December was a very busy time for the bad guys. I use Avast  and many days I would have 3-4 updates of definitions

per day. It has slowed to about 2 a day now.

We have all FP files and ActiveX's installed. Java has been revised. We have removed some old programs. The only thing we have not done is disable Norton, but we can't very well do that and test a website. However during that period of time it could have been an update from Norton. I have seen during that time, say the 12th thru the 20th the Norton updates.

But since I am not familiar with the terms they use, I'll just mention a few. It appears they update Norton Anti-virus 2206/2007; Symantec Endpoint Protection 11, Norton Anti-Virus 2008 and newer. Their heading is listed whenever they update as NAV Updates or NAV Weekly etc.

Would these apply to the version that you have?

One other thing that I have found is that the Symantec Intrustion Prevention of Norton, with a file "ipsbho.dll" has showed up as a problem in various help sites, malwarebytes and HJT logs.  Is this listed anywhere in your add ons? Some BHO's aren't but do a search from Start and see where this is listed.

Thanks, that is all I have at this time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2010 3:22 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Guess winter is here:-) Ok, glad it's disabled. What haven't we tried? I have a couple of people that use IE8 that I can

contact and get their opinion. Here on the forum I don't recall anyone ever having the same problem that you are having;

especially after all we have tried. Perhaps if I knew more about Vista/IE8.

The Vista forums and IE8 forums may be able to help if you wanted to sign up and pose a question. Let me know if you want the Microsoft toll free number for IE8 problems. The Techs helped one other person from the forum that I gave the number to. He said he was on the phone for 2 hrs but they really helped him. At least you know they would understand IE8/Vista issues.

Let me know.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2010 4:42 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Hi Gagan, Ok, here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/call-us.asp x

On the older vs of IE, which would be IE7. I think I would wait until you find out what MS can do. I would hate to see you do that and have the same problem. I know they did not suggest that to the other forum person. He had some of your issues, but not exactly.

Hope they can help, it certainly won't hurt.

Thanks Gagan

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2010 12:35 PM   in reply to Gagan464

Gagan, That is the best news! So happy for you, as I know that is a relief. Now you can hibernate, what with the snow and all and watch videos  Such a great feeling when a hugh problem is finally fixed.

Glad you called and didn't do anything crazy on your system too.

Thanks for being helpful in the process!

Have a great year!

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 7:11 AM   in reply to Gagan464

Having the same issue. You have version 10,2,159,1 installed. It runs fine. Evertime I reboot my machine - actully 3 different machines- the same thing happens. It asks to install the latest update 10.2. It is like an endless loop. I choose install each time but the next reboot it asks again. Been going on for a month I'd say. VERY ANNOYING!

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to eidnolb

hey i want to say this one helped me alot thank yall for all the help

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to histreeter

histreeter / middlekid3008, please start a new thread. You have both responded to post which is over two years old. Flash player has been updated several times since then and issues in the original post no longer apply.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points