Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 replace image issue - Windows 7

Jan 11, 2010 9:40 PM

New laptop - Dreamweaver CS4 - Windows 7...

If i insert an image to a document it puts the image in fine.  But if I want to change that image I select that image and hit the "browse for image" (little folder icon) and select a different image in the" Select an image source" dialog box and click ok - nothing happens.  The dalog box disappears and the old image remains. Almost as if i clicked cancel instead of ok.

Since this is a new laptop I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue.  Never experienced this on my work coomputer on Win  XP and CS4.

Any ideas?

John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2010 9:55 PM   in reply to Orbit-Monkey

Seems to be a known bug in DW on Windows 7

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/478327

Affects more than just the root folder mentioned in that thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 6:01 AM   in reply to Orbit-Monkey

I think they are two separate issues. The bug is when you are setting up a site in Site Manager. Orbit-Monkey sounds like his issue is swapping out pictures in design view which there is no bug in Windows 7. All I can say Orbit is to check your site setup and ensure that all your paths to folders are setup proper. If that fails then you could always do it in code view. Code view is strickly how I work so I have never encountered the issue you are having.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 7:08 AM   in reply to Orbit-Monkey

I tried it after I read your post am not having the issue. I am on windows 7 64bit. Have you checked and double checked your site setup?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 7:17 AM   in reply to Orbit-Monkey

I'm not the only one... found this thread after I started my own (murphy's law) - same issue I'm having... http://forums.adobe.com/message/2511455#2511455

That link is this post...you found your own post...lol.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 9:10 AM   in reply to Orbit-Monkey

The only other thing to try is to run DW as an Administrator. Simply right click your DW program icon...the one you use to launch DW. Then click Run as Administrator. For some reason it has solved issues in the past for others with other issues that involve rights and control.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 6:28 AM   in reply to {sitewide}

Running DW as an Administrator didn't do anything differently.  Same issue.  This is a VERY BAD thing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points