Skip navigation
FlexFlip
Currently Being Moderated

Air file damaged

Jan 12, 2010 12:25 AM

When installing workflowlab_p2_011110.air I receive the following message:

Sorry, an error has occurred.

The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2010 12:28 AM   in reply to FlexFlip

WFL doesn't install when you have AIR 2 beta installed. Uninstall the beta and install 1.5.3. Once WFL is installed correctly you can re-update to AIR 2 beta.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2010 10:11 AM   in reply to FlexFlip

Thanks for the notes...We are investigating this with the AIR team. I'll post more information when we track down the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2010 7:31 PM   in reply to FlexFlip

Seems like this error is perpetual.

I'm just trying to create my first AIR app, converting a Flash cs4 AS3 file to AIR. I get the same error as reported here when I start my application.air installation package. I run Win XP. Has there been any solution to this problem yet? I've installed the latest AIR update 1.5.9(something), didn't seem to matter.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 7:16 AM   in reply to Kristin95762

We tracked down the issue and it is a combination of an AIR runtime issue and the target version of AIR we used for the current beta. We are going to be launching a new beta soon that will use the new AIR 2 beta runtime that will resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Doug Winnie

Principal Product Manager

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 10:20 AM   in reply to dwinnie@adobe

Hello

I'm not using a beta version of AIR. It is your recent 1.5.9(?) update.

What I discovered is that if I untick the timestamp my file compiles, though I get the warning that the app won't install when the certificate expires (I think that's what it said. I'm not looking at it right now). I'm just a beginner so it's not critical to me right now about the certificate. I suppose that could be in the future.

Thanks

Kristin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)