Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Builder 4 Beta 2

Jan 6, 2010 9:33 AM

Vera

 

Any updates on release date? If not, any advice on what step to take when trial period runs out, which, in my case, only a couple more days? Thanx.

 

sbliss

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2010 9:52 AM   in reply to Bliss_0

    Hi sbliss,

     

    The final 4.0 release will be in the first half of this year. The beta 2 trial is 60 days, however, if you have a Flex Builder 3 serial number you can extend your trial (please see this page for further details on extending your trial with a FB3 SN).

     

    Vera

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2010 10:38 PM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Will there be a public RC? Many of us use beta 2 to develop Flex 3 since its miles ahead of FB3.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2010 12:56 AM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Hi Vera,

     

    I join the question of sbliss...

     

    I need about 5 licenses of flex development, and I will wait for the final release of flash builder 4 if it was in the upcoming month...

     

    Is there any way to sharpen a bit the "first half of 2010" estimation? is there an actual chance it will be released in january\febuary 2010?

    And is there a way to reveal the charges for a regular license and an upgrade?

     

    Only this way i could make a rational decision about buying these 5 licenses now and upgrade, or wait a bit..............

     

    P.S. - a bundle with flash cs5 would be great!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2010 1:18 AM   in reply to Bliss_0

    Hi,    

         If you are a student, you may acquire Flex Builder 3 for free with the Educational license then that license is eligible enough to get the Flash Builder 4 extension serial number automatically.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2010 12:23 PM   in reply to Bliss_0

    sbliss,

     

    Please see my answers inline:

     

    1. If spend the $249.00 for Flex Builder 3.0 license in order to get Flash Builder  4.0 extension, how much else would to pay to get FB 4.0 upon release?

     

    I don't have an official answer on the upgrade price from FB3 to FB4, however, I would expect it to be in the ballpark of what we had for FB2 to FB3 (please see our current upgrade offerings here).

     

    2. I understand Flash CS5 Pro will also be coming out soon.  (a) Why separate and not as a bundle?

     

    Unfortunately, we can't discuss various packaging options before they are officially announced, but we are definitely looking to provide customers good combinations of our tools.

     

    (b) What will be the ideal situation to be in, from a developer's standpoint? In other words, should it be Flash CS5 Pro or Flash Catalyst? Your advice is highly appreciated.

     

    Quoting from Catalyst FAQ:

     

    How is Flash Catalyst different from Flash Professional?

    Flash Catalyst is an interaction design tool, based on the Flex 4 framework that is focused on creating expressive interfaces and interactive content without writing code. Flash Catalyst is an approachable tool for designers who want to rapidly create Flash content that is organized into pages or “states”. It is also ideally suited for projects that may need to be extended by developers who use Flash Builder 4. Flash Professional is the industry-leading tool for creating engaging interactive experiences across the multi-screen environment. Learn more about Flash CS4 Professional on Adobe.com.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2010 12:25 PM   in reply to tntomek

    tntomek, We're not planning a beta 3 at this time.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2010 12:27 PM   in reply to shekel2000

    shekel2000,

     

    Unfortunately I can't give further details on our release date. With regards to upgrades, please see my message above to sbliss. Additionally, regular pricing information is not available at this time.

     

    Vera

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2010 12:57 PM   in reply to Vera Carr

    what exactly was the price to upgrade from flex 2 to flex 3 again?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2010 1:48 PM   in reply to Bliss_0

    yeah, ive never owned flex 2.0 either.. i was just trying to get a ballpark idea of how much upgrade from flex 3 to 4 would be... since we bought flex 3 and are using flex 4.0...

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2010 9:17 AM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Vera,

     

    If we are enrolled in the Adobe Volume License program as a company, can we still use the link you provided to extend our FB4 beta?

     

    Kris

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2010 3:28 PM   in reply to finicity

    Hi Kris,

     

    I believe it should work. Give it a shot and if it doesn't send me a message.

     

    Vera

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2010 4:56 AM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Vera,

    How long does it take to receive a license extension for the Flash Builder 4 Beta 2? I submitted a request yesterday and got a message that it was approved but have not received an email with the new serial number.

     

    Regards

    Margo

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2010 1:20 PM   in reply to ogrampowell

    Margo,

     

    I believe it should be sent to you within a few minutes. Please check your spam folder and if it's not there, message me directly.

     

    Vera

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2010 5:26 AM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Vera, I sent a message to you  via the forums private messages on the twelfth(with my flex 3 license number) and am hoping to hear from you soon.  I waited until the last minute to request the extension unfortunately so my Flash Builder 4 program is inoperable at the moment.

     

    Regards

    Margo

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2010 3:02 PM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Hi Vera,

     

    I applied for an extension on January 7 and never heard anything from Adobe.  I tried again a few days ago and still nothing.  I've checked my spam folder too.  There seems to be a problem with the system, so i'll send you a pm.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2010 7:00 AM   in reply to Vera Carr

    Vera,

     

    Thanks for your help with the Beta. Now that FLash Bulder 4 is released, do we still need to upgrade if we are enrolled in the Adobe Volume License program? Or will we be able to get access to the new keys soon?

     

    Thanks,

    Kris

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2010 9:45 AM   in reply to finicity

    Volume license program does its own upgrade scenarios, so you should just follow up with your contacts there.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points