I am experiencing an issue very similar to the one described in (http://forums.adobe.com/message/243559#243559). I have several RH projects that have started crashing/closing when I save changes. The projects are all several years old, of varying sizes (15-200 topics), and were converted when I upgraded to RH 8 last fall. Initially, I had some trouble with the conversions, but attributed it to working with a trial version of the software while waiting for the company purchase of the full license. After receiving the license code and installing the available patches, the projects seemed to function fine for close to a month before this started happening.
· I am using: Windows XP Professional SP3, Intel T2500 @ 2.00GHz, 2.00 GB RAM, RH 22.214.171.124. (RH HTML)
· I archive files on a network drive, but work on all projects on a local drive.
· The projects are not under source control.
· I do not have this issue when working with the RH CCC sample project.
I tried deleting the .cpd file before opening the project. The project still crashes upon changing and saving any topic.
I created a new project and imported some topic files. The project worked fine until I closed and re-opened it. Then, the project returns to crashing upon saving. I tried this several times with exactly the same result.
I have been able to repeat these results with multiple topics. If I put the line back in, the project crashes upon saving – take it back out and I can save changes to that topic again. I can close and re-open the project and it performs the same.
The code is used in conjunction with a master template that contains a feedback form. The project crashes upon saving whether or not the topic is not using that template.
I hate to simply remove this line of code since I don’t really understand how or if that is fixing the problem and because that is what lets me know which topic any feedback is pertaining to. Thanks for any help.
It might help to look at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/using_rh8.htm #21 30- Dec - 2009. I'm trying to figure out a similar issue, though not identical. If you resolve your issue, please explain how in a follow up post.
Thanks for your idea. I read through the article you suggested and it does sound like a very similar issue. However, the small project I'm troubleshooting doesn't have an index.
Good luck with your own issue - I hope you find a resolution.
In the event the check in function failed, RH8 displays a dialog asking whether I want to leave or replace the local topic from RoboSource. I have found that using the Merge button has resolved the issue so that the project remains active and the link is repaired.
Europe, Middle East and Africa