Skip navigation
Waleroo
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Install Adobe reader error message

Oct 22, 2009 6:51 PM

Have  Win 7 64bit

Had adobe reader installed worked great was reading a PDF file when adobe message popped up ready to install update pushed okay and a message popped up unable to install update  then adobe reader ceased to work checked program files and adobe had disappeared so I done loaded a new copy 9.2 from adobe and commenced to install it all I get is error message about half installed

Program error 1310 error writing to file C:\program data\adobe\acrobat\900\replicate\security\directories\acrodata verify that you have access to that directory

any help a appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2009 7:31 PM   in reply to Waleroo

Waleroo wrote:

... verify that you have access to that directory

Did you?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 7:43 PM   in reply to Waleroo

Waleroo wrote:

HOW do you verify I am admin

The question was: did you verify that you have access to that directory/folder in the error message?

To verify whether you have admin privileges, check Control Panel | User Accounts.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 7:56 PM   in reply to Waleroo

Great - you're welcome!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 10:33 PM   in reply to Waleroo

I have exactly the same problem. I am the only user on the computer, which has only 1 account, the administrator.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 10:41 PM   in reply to phuket-scuba

So, if you have exactly the same problem, did you do what the original poster did to fix his problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2009 11:41 PM   in reply to Waleroo

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2010 8:32 PM   in reply to phuket-scuba

Similar Problem: Win 7, 32-bit; Adobe Reader; Update from 9.2 to 9.3 failed, removing Adobe Reader.  New installations failed with Error 1310, failed to create \ProgramData\Adobe\Acrobat\9.0\Replicate\Security\Directories.acrodat a.

Removing both the Reader and Acrobat folders in \ProgramData\Adobe, then installing Adobe Reader solved the problem.  (I do not have Adobe Acrobat.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2011 7:19 AM   in reply to Waleroo

Yesterday, I created Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 & X AIPs using .exe and nos switches.. example:

adberdr1001_en_us.exe -nos_o"ReaderXInstall" -nos_ne

For version 9.4.0, it creates the subfolder specified int he command line.. for the version 10.0.1 file, it prompts for a folder name -- but this really isn't a problem for me..

My problem is when I merge MSPs into the original acroread.msi file after "unzipping" the EXE files... I got Adobe Reader X with Tier 1 MSP file running perfectly deployed with GPO.. but today, I come into work and I get an error message that the Tier 1 MSP for Reader X won't install cause it thinks the original file isn't the correct one to patch.  I know I have everything configured correctly.. I've even blown away Acrobat Reader Folders and Registry entries.. and tried re-install.. v9.4.2 installs perfectly still.. but 10.0.1 with Tier 1 still fails.. doesn't matter if I use MSI + MST deployed with GPO or setup.exe with patch= in setup.ini.. so frustrating!!!  I'm wondering if there's a bug with Adobe stuff.. or more than likely I've corrupted something on my system but installing, uninstalling, reinstalling v9 and v10 to test GPO deploy.. v10.0.1 without Tier will install.. I even downloaded Tier 1 again thinking somehow it got corrupted.. I do have a RAID 1 in my desktop..

Anyone have any ideas of something I may have missed?

Stephen.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2011 1:32 AM   in reply to Saroku24

Saroku24 wrote:

Yesterday, I created Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 & X AIPs using .exe and nos switches..

It would really be much better if you started your own topic, with a proper subject line, instead of posting into a totally unrelated topic.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points