Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion.Navigate not working with vbox cflayoutarea

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

I don't understand why Coldfusion.Navigate doesn't work with a cflayoutarea of type vBox.  The code is below(page1.cfm and page2.cfm are simple test pages).  For some reason it works if the layout is of type border, but not on vbox or hbox.

When you look at the generated HTML you see that the div that represents the layoutare doesn't have the correct id (should be "myContent", but is "cflayoutareamyContent")

Anyone understand why?

thanks

scott

<

html>

<head>

<title>Layout Example</title>

</head>

<body>

<cflayout name="myVBox" type="vbox" >

<cflayoutarea name="myHeader">

<a href="javascript:ColdFusion.navigate('page1.cfm','myContent');">Page 1</a> |

<a href="javascript:ColdFusion.navigate('page2.cfm','myContent');">Page 2</a>

</cflayoutarea>

<cflayoutarea name="myContent" bindonload="true" source="page1.cfm">

</cflayoutarea>

</cflayout>

</body>

</

html>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

You're not alone. I reported that as a bug in CF9 beta, as it worked until the most recent release candidates.

From what I understood, the devs didn't acknowledge this as a bug first, but rather just a feature not supported anymore.

However, a recent bug report response I got indicates this might be fixed in the next updater. So cross your fingers.

Workaround 1: place cfdivs inside your cflayoutareas with the corresponding names.

Workaround 2 (preferred): Prefix your layoutarea name with "cf_layouta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I reported that as a bug in CF9 beta, as it worked until the most recent release candidates.

From what I understood, the devs didn't acknowledge this as a bug first, but rather just a feature not supported anymore.

However, a recent bug report response I got indicates this might be fixed in the next updater. So cross your fingers.

Workaround 1: place cfdivs inside your cflayoutareas with the corresponding names.

Workaround 2 (preferred): Prefix your layoutarea name with "cf_layoutarea". So that "xyz" comes "cf_layoutareaxyz".

I'd make the fix conditional only for the current CF9 release. (use variable server.ColdFusion.ProductVersion)

Cheers, -Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  By looking at the produced html I had figured out the work around but I wanted to make sure it was a known bug or that I was doing something incorrectly.

Seems to me to be a bug rather than feature since they don't mention the difference in the documentation.

thanks again

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just come across this too, so thanks for posting the work-around.

The issue covering this is here: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/cfbugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=79960

It's been closed (and certainly has not been fixed!), which I don't think is acceptable (not that anyone asked me, but I like to rattle cages 😉

Can I recommend anyone who has been caught out by this problem goes and VOTES for 79960, and in the mean time I'll try to get it reopened...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping the latest hotfix would solve this problem.  I voted for the issue to get fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the exact same issue trying to get .cfm pages that worked in CF8 to work in CF9. It still prepends the string "cf_layout" to the name of the <cflayoutarea> as the id of the div it generates. I can use the cfdiv work around, but I just wanted to confirm this bug still exists. Are there any hotfixes for it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no fix yet, as no updaters have been published for CF9 I guess.

Just use the divs, that's not a bad way to do it.

-Fernis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation