Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time ruler display question

Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you switch time ruler units from frames to seconds? I'm new to AE and I can't find it under preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See "Time-display units".

Change time-display units

• To cycle through Timecode Base, Frames, and Feet + Frames, Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) the current-time display. The current-time display is in the upper-left corner of the Timeline panel and at the bottom of the Layer, Composition, and Footage panels.
  • To change time display units, choose File > Project Settings, and choose from the options in the Display Style section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. In the project settings I switched from auto to 30 fps and that changed the units from f to s which is what I was looking to do. I appreciate your help. Here's another silly question. I'm having trouble hearing audio files on my Mac Pro. It's probably something simple in my settings but I'm brand new to After Effects and I'm a little overwelmed by the program. Maybe I'll have a grip on it by the time I die. At the rate it's going it'll probably kill me first though. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'm having trouble hearing audio files on my Mac Pro.

FAQ: How can I play or preview sound (audio)?

FAQ: Why is there no sound in my output file?

> I'm brand new to After Effects and I'm a little overwelmed by the program.

Everyone is new at some time.

I recommend starting here: "Getting started with After Effects"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt work it still appears in frames.. is there any another solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres a time ruler bug for certain frame rates in the recent version. There are post about it in the forums. If you get strange time increments like 01:00f 01:12f 00:18f then that's the bug. Just to check, change the FR to 25, is it ok now? Then it's the bug. If that's not it, show full screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (6).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked in 25 frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*EDIT:

if you have strange time increments, check your Ae version - this bug should be fixed by now. if you are seeing 00:00, 00:15f and so on - that's o.k

it could say f but it really means s.

00:15f means 00:15s.

here's at 25fps

it all depends how stretched is your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my problem too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Laurizzle7​ please check my edited post again. it's only a bug if you have weird time increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines