• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio will not play in After Effects.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my pen name is Jonathan Clack. I am a writer, director, and producer, and I would like some help with this problem I am having in Adobe After Effects CS4. See, when I import an Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 project into After Effects, and I play through the file the audio will not play. There is also a green bar indicating how much of the file has been conformed, but audio will still not play. If you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem please let me know!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I just reinstalled the whole package and it was woking again.

(are we talking about a apple or PC)

--

www.janmaartendewit.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of audio and video files are in this imported project? AE doesn't do well with some MP3's and, if your footage uses any kind of interframe compression, AE can freak.

I quote my friend Dave LaRonde from CreativeCOW.net:

"If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems."

If that's not it, how are you trying to play back the audio? Have you ever gotten audio to play back in AE? Have you checked AE's audio hardware preferences and audio output mapping preferences?

Have you turned your speakers on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using the zero key on the numeric pad to preview with audio? Cin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines