• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion Communication

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Cold Fusion communicate with Perl/CGI or is any other way to do dso.

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Sure... what do you need to do?  CF can make HTTP requests, or consume web services; similarly it can also expose web services, and obviously one can make HTTP requests for CF resources.

It's difficult to answer your question without having an idea of what you need to do, though.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... what do you need to do?  CF can make HTTP requests, or consume web services; similarly it can also expose web services, and obviously one can make HTTP requests for CF resources.

It's difficult to answer your question without having an idea of what you need to do, though.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing I wanted is that I am developing a reuse reposiotry using SVN with front end as Cold fusion and back end as oracle 9i to store details.I need cold fusion to communicate to perl/Cgi which in turn will be interacting with SVN to retrieve the components from SVN.

Another question I would like to ask is I am facing problems with cfexecute tag I am specifying the correct path name for the application file to be executed but it raises an java.io.IO .exception Create Process erro what do I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so are these PERL scripts being server by a web server, or are they just shell scripts?  If there's a URL that you can hit to run the script, then CF can make an HTTP request to the URL.  If they're just shell scripts, I guess... <cfexecute> should be able to work.  I've never used <cfexecute> for anything other than investigating how <cfexecute> works, so am quickly going to get out of my depth there.

Given SVN can be configured to run via HTTP, can you not just do both the SVN and DB interaction just with CF and dispense with the PERL? I suppose it depends on how much existing work has gone into the PERL stuff.

You're raised your <cfexecute> question on a different thread, and I've prompted you for more info there.  I recommend you remove that part of your question on this thread.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation