Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Resize artboard to fit crop area?

Feb 22, 2010 9:23 AM

My title explains my issue. I was wondering if there's a way to resize my artboard to fit my crop area. The reason I'm asking this is that I'm trying to save sections of a circular I've created into smaller, separate ads in pdf format. Now, when I crop a section I want to save, it still leaves the rest of my artboard when I open the document back up.

Also, if the above is possible to do, is there a way to specify dpi for a crop area, if I want to save the section as a jpeg?

Any reply would be very appreciated, thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2010 12:10 PM   in reply to Andymc7

How are you defining your crop area?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 12:24 PM   in reply to Andymc7

Since it sounds like you are using CS3 or earlier from your description, the next move is File>Export to choose JPEG. You will be given a chance to select the ppi in the second Save dialog.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 12:03 AM   in reply to Andymc7

Hello,

just jumping in because you must realize that CS4 doesn't have the croparea anymore...

I'm having somehow the same kind of difficulties. Try to use layermasking and save a copy as .eps

in this way you will get a bounding box cropped eps. Saving as PDF keeps me getting some extra space left and under the boundingbox (seems like it has something to do with text though)

This is my way (for this moment) to get different sections out of a hughe citymap.

With the eps you can get your pdf and or the JPG by placing it into indesign or photoshop..

Daniel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points