• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gzip compression coldfusion MX 7 !?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is  it possible to automatically enable gzip compression for all pages ? I  really have no idea where to start.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used a standalone product called ZipEnable, which worked as an ISAPI plugin I believe - once installed it worked very well without any intervention.

I do not believe there's a way to do it automatically.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definately natively possible under iis6 if you join CF and IIS together.

We would need to know more about your environment.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS291US303&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=iis+gzip+setup

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gzip is between the web server and client, CF is not involved.  I know in Apache you turn it on via some settings in the httpd.conf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little bit confused. GrandNagel said i should  join CF and IIS  together and you claim that  CF is not involved. Who  is right here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nothing to do with CF, IIS/Apache needs to get a full copy of the HTML (rendered by CF) before it can zip it up.

You need to be looking at the Webserver end.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i will try to figure out. What about this: http://blog.jc21.com/2007-02-08/how-to-use-gzip-to-load-your-site-faster/

except my server is CF MX7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke to my hosting provider and they said that gzip compression can not be enabled for my account. It  can be enabled only for Linux platform!

Is there any other way to compress my pages using CF code? PHP example: http://blog.jc21.com/2007-02-08/how-to-use-gzip-to-load-your-site-faster/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using this will reduce your whitespace. 

<CFPROCESSINGDIRECTIVE SUPPRESSWHITESPACE="true">

*Entire page*

</CFPROCESSINGDIRECTIVE>

Remove all inline style and script content, placing it in appropriate files and using the correct tags to link them in.  dont forget the </script> tags, <script> cannot self close.

CSS and JS files will be cached, so theres a real advantage there.  Also, let google host jQuery or what ever other library you're using.  Google it for more.

Investigate your page caching (on the client side) options by using meta tags,

Remove/replace table layout designs to further reduce the weight of your markup.

Change your provider or get a low end private hosted box that you can RDP into and work over as you see fit.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation