Skip navigation

Fireworks CS4 Internal error when starting

Oct 16, 2008 6:46 PM

Latest reply: Vau^hn, Jan 24, 2012 10:38 AM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2010 4:59 PM   in reply to netmotivated

OK... I had this problem show up suddenly about a week ago.  Stupidly, I thought I could

uninstall Fireworks, reinstall it and clear the problem.  Well, that sure didn't work.  I now cannot get the installer to run.  It says it's initiallizing, but never completes!  I'm totally lost.

Gene

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 2:05 AM   in reply to netmotivated

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 2:53 PM   in reply to iopix

Did not help.  Using the CS4Clean tool did.  I'm still back to the original problem

of the darn thing saying "internal error" as soon as it starts up.  I've used Fon

tmanager to remove all the corrupt fonts, and it still gives me the same error.  I'm lost.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 4:12 PM   in reply to michaelhurwicz

Somewhere above here someone suggested renaming the c:\user\username\appdata\adobe\Fireworks CS4\english\Fireworks CS4 Panel Prefs.xml to clear the problem.  Well, this wasn't exactly the same.  I had the xml and another with the .txt suffix, so I renamed them.

Now, it opens right, and doesn't lock up, but it didn't recreate those files, either.

So, I guess the problem was somewhere in there.  Thanks for this tip, it helped me a bunch!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2010 1:03 AM   in reply to GeneHumbert

My English is weak,
    delete Uninstal QuickTime manual C: Program Files\quick time

next clener register system,  the use of the programme CCleaner
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2010 3:58 PM   in reply to MontyC

Thank you Monty, tried your solution and it worked!!! thanks heaps for the post.

It's a rather strange one moving the font folder to another folder, didn't think it would work at first, but tried it and waala!!  I think adobe should fix this glitch however as now I am too worried to load more fonts without making backup first.

Have you had anymore problems when you load new fonts?  Can you recommend any safe procedures when loading fonts?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 10:30 AM   in reply to caiteeeyles

not sure if this should go here or now, but after an adobe air update this morning, after I start working in a file, serveral mins inot an update, I'm losing the property inspector access?  when I goto select scale tool I'm getting an "internal Error" pop up no number no info, I've been just saving and restarting FW to get to work for another few mins????  anyone else seeing this?  CS4

Thanks

Oh Joyce...looooong time no see

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 12:33 PM   in reply to jefar

Still around:-) Have you read all the responses here on this subject? Some got results with a new install (cleanscript first). Some with font issues. I'd suggest trying it all:-) I had these issues with CS4 as well but now I use Cs5.5 and my world is good. I know that doesn't help you though:-) Also try tech support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to netmotivated

Hey all - finally found the fix to this after trying everything else like deleting .xml file, removing fonts, uninstall script - I had to run the Update to Fireworks from Adobe found here (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/fireworks/updates/cs4/10_0_3/Firewo rks_10_0_3_All_AdobeUpdate.zip) - simply extract and run the setup.exe and Fireworks finally opened!

Cheers,
    Patrick

FoxHound Digital

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers