Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

publisherid generation with Adobe AIR 1.5.3

Mar 10, 2010 12:36 PM

Hi there,

I'm looking into how the publisherid value is generated in Adobe AIR 1.5.3 applications. Reading: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappshtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63 e3d118666ade46-7ff0.html it appears that I should not specify a publisherid value in my application descriptor file. It looks like with 1.5.3 and later, the publisherid is not specified by AIR - I'm guessing the OS assigns the publisher id value so? Is there any predictable way of figuring out what the publisherid is going to be? Will a publisherid change if I update an existing version of the application?

The reason I'm asking this question is for debugging purposes. I'd like to be able to tell users of my application _exactly_ where they can find log files for my app. I'm storing log files for my application under /Users/me/Library/Preferences/my.namespace.PUBLISHERIDGOESHERE/Local Store.

Thanks

Sean

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2010 1:16 PM   in reply to seaneyefi

AIR generates your publisher ID from the certificate used to sign the AIR app. All of your apps you sign with the same certificate will have the same publisher ID. Just sign any app to see what it is.

If your certificate expires and you get another, your publisher ID may or may not be the same as the original; you'd have to wait and see what happens. In our case, the publisher ID from the new cert is different from the orignal publisher ID. AIR 1.5.3 attempts to resolve app update conflicts due to this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 2:45 PM   in reply to seaneyefi

If your app. is 1.5.3 app., by default, the publisher ID is null. You can set the publisher ID in application descriptro if you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 7:24 PM   in reply to seaneyefi

If it is a new app., you should not need to set publisher ID in application descriptor.

Setting a publisher ID in application descriptor is mainly for backward compactibility, so that people can develop updates to their apps. published before 1.5.3.

If you set a publisher ID, you will need to set the same publisher ID for all your updates later on.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 3:03 PM   in reply to seaneyefi

Have you set the name space to 1.5.3 or 2.0beta2 if you use 2.0

SDK? The problem is you have the wrong name space. You can't use <publihs

erID> with namespace before 1.5.3.

-ted

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 3:40 PM   in reply to seaneyefi

That is becuase you are not using an AIR 1.5.3 SDK or AIR 2.0 SD

K.

Earlier versions SDK doesn't accept namespace 1.5.3.

You need to set namespace to 1.5.3 or later, and use an AIR SDK 1.5.3 or later.

-ted

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points