This discussion is locked

Problems for non-Nvidia users?

Jan 8, 2010 10:28 AM

Latest reply: Steve Grisetti, Mar 11, 2010 5:26 AM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2010 4:29 AM   in reply to Bacred89

Bacred89 wrote:

I will wait a month and see what the outcome is and hopefully wont have wasted my money plus a lot of time.

That will take you past the 30 day refund limit. You will be better off taking the refund now and monitor these forums. You can always re-purchase it if the bugs get fixed.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2010 5:52 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Please investigate the file size of the PREL file AND the adding of Auto Balance HLS or Auto Levels (or any other filter) as a possible culprit. My PRE crashed after I applied some HLS filters but didn't save the project. And it now refuses to reopen the project. The 1.85mb project is now dead, whereas an older autosave still opens. Attached to this message.

Maybe that helps a bit.

Helmar

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2010 11:35 AM   in reply to Chad Baker

Win XP SP3

ATI Radeon HD 5700

Crashes when trying to open a project, create, a project, or organize.

Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2010 12:11 PM   in reply to chipblackburn

alright im ready for some news!

i just wanna edit my FOOTY!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2010 2:41 PM   in reply to chipblackburn

Is anybody getting any feed back from Adobe.I am amazed at the number of problems making our projects crash.

I keep thinking that adobe will soon produce an all encompassing patch so we can all get on with using the software.

Signed Exasperated

Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:35:49 -0700

To: kenstorey89@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Re: Problems for non-Nvidia users? Problems for non-Nvidia users?

Win XP SP3

ATI Radeon HD 5700

Crashes when trying to open a project, create, a project, or organize.

Help!

>

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2010 4:31 PM   in reply to Bacred89

It has been rumored that Adobe is working on an update, due out 1 Qtr. 2010. Nothing has been confirmed, and we all know how rumors come and go. Normally, word of a patch/update are only days in advance. In the PrPro forum, for each iteration of CS4, a project person posted a link to the full update data about 2-3 days prior to the release of each. They also hung around to get info/feedback on how well these worked. Will PrE 8 be the same? No one, who knows, is talking, and that is normal.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 10:45 AM   in reply to Chad Baker

PE8 cannot complete a Burn to Folder 4.7 GB - somtimes it claims "device not suitable" (absurd) or it just hangs or it just stops (such as a CRASH when using Alt-Tab to switch windows).

Ram: 2 GB

CPU:  Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz

Video: ATI Radeon 9550 (using native Win7 driver)

Source Files:  External drive USB 2 (all of which are .vob imported from DVD camera).

Destination Drive: tried both an internal drive and an external SATA drive, both fail - both drives have 400+ GB free

These problems DO NOT appear with PE7.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 11:49 AM   in reply to Larry Beck Chicago

Larry,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to a survey thread, that Adobe is using to gather info specific to video drivers, that are not from nVidia.

Maybe our tireless MOD, Steve Grisetti, can split this off into a separate thread. There, people can address your particular issue. While we wait for that, there are several threads on "device not suitable," and a Search of this forum will turn those up. You can probably Filter on People, and limit things to threads that I, Bill Hunt, have replied to. There were a lot of suggestions, and I think that most posters found resolution.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 11:50 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill

I think this is the only way forward for Adobe.   Its not just me, but a considerable number of other purchasers of this product have encountered problems.   Has anyone got it to work as it should?

Best wishes and thank you for your input

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 11:55 AM   in reply to Peter Hardcastle

Peter,

Many have had few issues, but too many more have had issues. I think that is why Adobe started these two threads - try and narrow down where the issues stem from. For all of those, who have NOT had good luck with PrE 8, I certainly hope that Adobe will have been able to gather enough useful data and get a "patch" out soon. Though there are successes, there are too many failures, IMHO.

Good luck to all, and to Adobe in getting an update that fixes every issue, so people can all get to editing.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 12:10 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks, Bill...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 12:14 PM   in reply to Larry Beck Chicago

Most welcome. I just did not want you to think that your post has been Deleted, when Steve splits it off. You'll get a lot more replies out in a separate thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2010 2:47 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Chad,

Thanks for your efforts, and for this report.

Good luck with the project,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 8:25 AM   in reply to Chad Baker

Dear Chad

Thanks for posting this.   However, I would advise you that I have received today a direct marketing advert from Adobe asking me to download a free trial of PRE8.   Is this a responsible action given that PRE8 has so many bugs in that I, and countless others, cannot use it?

Regards

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 6:07 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Hello;

ATI, W7, PE8. Multiple Crashes since day 1. I made the decision not use it unless is completly necessary.

Regars.

H.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2010 8:46 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

I have frequent crashes with an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. The software just "disappears." No error messages or warnings. My first "serious" project that I spent several hours on in Elements 8 loads but then crashes before I get to do anything with it. It appears most if not all of the screen elements appear (i.e. transport controls, etc) then Elements disappears. I can load other files but I have been having this problem, or lock-ups since I got version 8. Version 4 worked MUCH better.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2010 11:11 AM   in reply to Chad Baker

good deal, chad.

i just downloaded the patch, we'll see how it goes.thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2010 1:10 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Can someone provide a link to the patch.  Unable to access it via PRE8 before crash occurs.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2010 2:48 PM   in reply to chipblackburn

I do not believe that the downloadable installer version of the patch is available yet. I should be posted any day now. It takes a little longer to package the patch with an installation routine. The AutoUpdater version is almost always first, with the downloadable 3-4 working days behind.

I'd check the forum on Monday, as I am certain that Chad will announce the downloadable with link.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2010 8:27 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

I have only had Adobe Photoshop and Premiere for a few days and Premiere crashes constantly.  I am planning to call the company and complain - and keep doing so until this is fixed.  It's ridiculous to spend this much money and have a product that is unusable.  I was able at one point to begin a project, but barely got through any of it before it crashed.  Now I can't even start a new project.  It won't let me in at all. 

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 1.5 gb of ram and a 75 gig hd that isn't even half full.

It has a Mobile Intel(R) 945 GM Chipset Family video card version 6.14.10.4436.

The program should run fine.  I was using WinDVD that came with the computer before this.  I bought this program because of it had more options for the video, but what good is that if it won't work.

Please fix this immediately.  I have projects I have to do very soon. 

Thank-you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 3:00 AM   in reply to chipblackburn

You can download the patch via Adobe Downloader from any running Adobe software (e.g. PSE). But here is also a link Premiere 8.0.1 patch now available by direct download

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 3:01 AM   in reply to ljd2

ljd2 wrote:

Please fix this immediately.  I have projects I have to do very soon.

This is a user to user forum. If you want to contact Adobe use the Contact button at the top of the page.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 10:52 AM   in reply to nealeh

It doesn't seem they have any fixes.  I contacted them to let them know I'm sending this junk software back.  If anyone knows of some video editing software that works let me know.  I may order Photoshop because that did seem to work fine, but Premiere was worthless. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 10:54 AM   in reply to ljd2

With an underpowered laptop, the tips in this ARTICLE are probably much more important to setting up your computer and getting ready for a video-editing session.

Many years ago, I had a Toshiba laptop, and it took me a full week to get all of the "bloatware" off of it. Back then, they pre-loaded AOL, and that took a manual Registry clean to rid the system.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 11:34 AM   in reply to ljd2

Others have posted favourable views of CyberLink Power Producer and Sony Vegas.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2010 7:57 PM   in reply to nealeh

Thank-you for your help.  I really do appreciate it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2010 5:26 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

This thread is now locked. If you have an issue you'd like to discuss, please start a new thread. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)