john_86
Currently Being Moderated

HOw do i uninstall adobe reader 9

Mar 11, 2010 12:04 PM

How do I uninstall adobe reader 9 ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2010 12:09 PM   in reply to john_86

Don't have a clue...  I asked a question and all I get is other questions...

This things sucks...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2010 5:47 PM   in reply to john_86

Dear Asker,

(Start Menu/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs) and find Adobe Reader, Click change\remove (Assuming you are the administrator)

Now be advised, removing Adobe reader will cause you to no longer be able to open PDF's, if this function is crucial to your home or business i would advise against its removal.

Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2010 1:05 PM   in reply to machattertov

I wish you had said that earlier.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2010 2:27 PM   in reply to john_86

I am unable to remove adobe reader 9 from the add/remove programs utility.

I keep getting the message:

The installation source for this product is unavailable. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I have administrator priveleges.

I tried deleting individual Adobe folders/files from the Program files but some access is denied.

Now I cannot install Adobe as I get the same error message.

Please inidcate specific steps I need to do.

ThanksScreenHunter_01 Apr. 21 17.16.gif

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2010 6:16 AM   in reply to deldds2002

Try Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove all traces of reader from your machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:39 PM   in reply to vbhv_malik

I'm having the exact same problem but I have run the windows utility and still can neither remove nor reinstall adobe.  I was hoping to delete and start fresh with a new reinstall.  Any help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 1:04 AM   in reply to john_86

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility is good but does not work in all circumstances. Try this: (Caution, this is not for the faint-hearted.)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400769.html

It's the instructions for manually removing v8 but may be relevant. There are other links on this page that might also help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2010 8:12 AM   in reply to john_86

HOW TO UNINSTALL ADOBE READER 9 in WINDOWS 7

Go to START>MY COMPUTER>C: DRIVE>PROGRAM FILES (X86) "IF YOU HAVE 64BIT">ADOBE> READER 9> SELECT {AERDS-42323-...} "LIKE

THAT LOOK FOLDER" "LOL"> AND THEN CLICK ON "set up".              Your Done follow the instructions and it will uninstalled.

WORKED FOR ME..!! =]

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Oct 13, 2010 10:29 AM   in reply to john_86

To un install the Adobe reader 9 or evey any software from your computer, there are two ways to do.

1. You can click on Start then Settings Then Control Panel Then Ad Remove Programs, there you will see Adobe Reader 9 simply click it and an option of remove will apear. So click it and then click uninstall. It will automatically un install adobe reader 9 from your computer. You can remove or uninstall any software safely from your computer with this method.

2. Click on start then programs and there you will see an un install option on the specific software which you wants to un install. By the way this 2nd way maybe not used for Adobe reader, cause there is no uninstall option for this in the progrms meneu while installing. But you can uninstall it with the 1st method.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Nov 8, 2010 4:18 PM   in reply to john_86

I had a similar problem. Adobe reader 9 would not work and I tried without success to uninstall with the intention of reinstalling it. I tried the usual methods without success.

I then tried to find the original installation file using the Start, Search and "File or part of a File" and entered Adobe Reader. My Os is XP Pro.

I let the search run until it finished. It showed about 100 results, mostly small files, but included was a 42MB file named C;\System Volume\_restore........

I dobled clicked on this file and the Adobe Installer box appeared and Reader was reinstalled successfully.It tried to stop halfway through by showing the usual message about incorrect path but I kept clicking "next".

I am now enjoying using Adobe Reader again.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2010 9:22 AM   in reply to john_86

Using START menu, go to CONTROL Panel, Choose, How do I Unistall,

find Adobe reader 9 and uninstall. This should work

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2010 11:10 PM   in reply to john_86

Why do you want to uninstall it?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 12:47 PM   in reply to warrenwater

I used the Start Menu:  I am Windows Vista

Choose Start:

Choose:  Control Panel  and Enter

Brings up a list of items in Control Panel

Choose: Remove Programs and Enter

You will see an alphabetical list that comes up of all programs.

You will choose the version of Adobe Reader you want to uninstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2010 3:34 PM   in reply to l006016

I have tried the usual method through Control Panel previously but it won't uninstall Adobe Reader. An error message shows that the path is incorrect.

There are many versions of Adobe Reader in the Adobe file in Programs. As a last resort I will manually delete all Reader version files in Programs, bur I am not sure what effect this will have on my system.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2010 6:47 PM   in reply to Surfer6

Surfer6 wrote:

As a last resort I will manually delete all Reader version files in Programs

That is not a good idea.  Better use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the corrupted installation.  It is no longer supported by Microsoft, but you can still download it from 3rd-party sites like http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2010 8:55 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

I did as you suggested and the Cleanup Utility got rid of all the trash on my PC including 5 updates of Reader..

I was then able to install Reader X. As you mentioned I had to replace a few Microsoft programs, like Google Earth and use Microsoft Update to download a few updates that had been uninstalled. Everything now is fine.

Many thanks for the advice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points