• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't work

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a month or so ago i upgraded my OS to windows 7 since then i haven't been able to get adobe flash player to work since i installed it, videos and flash games don't load or even show up. Youtube works fine so i don't really know what's going on. I've uninstalled flash player and re-installed it a few times but still can't get it to work, i've looked all around the net and can't find anything

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced, let me know if you need any other specifics

Thanks again

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello this is the solution:
only enters this page 
http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/otherversions/
and select the options of Windows Vista and XP after you select the second
option that is for firefox, safari and opera as downloads and I swear it worked.
greetings

diseño web | diseño grafico malaga | diseño web madrid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesn't work thanks anyway though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL not working help would be greatly appreciated

by the way i use mozilla firefox so it isn't an IE problem or a browser problem since it doesn't work in IE or Mozilla

PLEASE PLEASE give me a hand with this i could use the same version and it works fine on XP but when i installed Windows 7 only half the videos/flash content works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan, You should have come here and looked around instead of the "net":-)

Read over this thread and follow the instructions for Uninstalling and Installing.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/590420?tstart=0

If you have any questions, post back before you start.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks i'll give it a try now and get back to you on how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , just follow carefully the instructions, especially for IE, to check after the first Uninstall the Flash files to make sure no

old ones are still there. That is where most Uninstalls fail.

If you have any questions, be sure to ask.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply been busy with work.

I'm fairly sure i did everything correctly but i might give it another shot tommorow. I have these 2 plugins in mozilla Shockwave Flash 10.0.45.2 and Shockwave for Director 11.5.6.606 but nothing mentioning adobe. In IE there is the Shockwave Flash Object but nothing about Active X or Flash10e.ocx. this is what i have and versions that they are in  Windows/system32/macromed/flash, i hope that's what you were talking  about

Flash10e.ocx: 10.0.45.2

flashplayer.xpt:

FlashUtil10e: 10.0.45.2

NPSWF32.dll: 10.0.45.2

NPSWF32_FlashUtil:10.0.45.2

uninstall_activeX: 10.0.45.2

uninstall_plugin: 10.0.45.2

I'm pretty tired at the moment so maybe i made a mistake but if there's anything else you need to know let me know i should be able to reply in about...9 hours

Thanks and goodnight

P.S. Sorry for the overload of info i appreciate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Rohan:-)  All of your Flash files and the SWF plug-in for FF are correct. The only thing regarding IE in the Flash files that I don't see is the install.log.

The Shockwave Flash Object you say is there in the IE add ons, if it doesn't list Flash10e.ocx, does it list the vs 10.0.45.2?

Is it enabled? After the Install with IE, did you remember to Reboot(restart) your computer?

Is there any other info besides "Shockwave Flash Object" included?

I am not familiar with the placement of the add ons in IE7, so do you have "currently loaded" or "have been loaded", etc?

Make sure the SWF in FF is also enabled.

Go to the Adobe test site, first using your IE browser and then the FF.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about

The plug-in Shockwave for Director is for the Shockwave Player, unrelated to Flash Player.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i just looked over the files and i realise i didn't put in the install because it was just a text document but it's there. Both Mozilla and IE say that they have adobe installed on the test site. Could it be possible that the problem is my video card? i could run things on the same computer when it was windows xp though. Thanks for all the help i appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan, ok on the install.log. Then you have all the correct Flash files for IE and FF.

The Shockwave Flash Object is most important, because without it Flash Player will not work, it is part and parcel of FP.

No, I doubt it has anything to do with your Video card. This is an add on that is in the IE add ons, whereever all of your other add ons are listed. IE7 is somewhat different than IE6 which I use, but using IE, at the Top is File, Edit,etc.

Click on Tools, then Internet Options, you should find them there. It lists various programs that you have installed (not the programs themselves) that have installed various ActiveX Controls, BHO's and Helpers. These are added to your IE

browser.

Take another look for these to find the Shockwave Flash Object.

I'll try to look at some screenshots I have of IE7 and get back to  you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan,I am going to be offline until later. Go to Start and Search and enter Shockwave Flash Object and see if you can locate it that way. Don't have time to find the IE7 info.

Thanks,

I'll check back in later.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan, In IE7, it seems Microsoft changed the Tools location. It is now near the upper right hand corner of the browser.

Select Menu bar. Add ons Tools, Manage Add ons, then Find More Add ons.

I hope I have that correct for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks, well Shockwave Flash Object is there and set to enabled and is version 10.0.45.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan, I knew you would find it:-) You probably had IE6 too before IE7. It is so confusing when things are moved around into a different place. My sister has a new Mac and I can't find anything on it and terms are different and you would think I had never used a computer before:-)

Ok, now the Flash Player files are all correct for IE and FF. The SWO(Shockwave Flash Object) in IE add ons is correct.

The SWF (Shockwave Flash) in FF plug-ins is correct.

That is good to know, the foundation for both browsers is correct.

Now we need to dig a little deeper and see what is preventing FP(Flash Player) from working properly.

What Anti-Virus/Spyware program is installed and does it contain a Firewall? If not do you use any third party Firewall, other than Windows Firewall?

Which browser do you want to start checking add ons, plug-ins, etc? We can start with FF or IE, your choice.

Add ons to the browser can cause conflicts so we need to see if any are doing so.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha yeah using new programs and OS's can be pretty confusing.

Alright well i have norton antivirus installed and i have it's firewall switched on. Going through MF first would be preferable since i use that 99% of the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just realized I kept referring to IE7 for you. I know I was tired last night. Ok IE8.

You did a great job of Uninstalling/Installing. That don't usually happen, to have all files and browsers correct.

Have you tried any of the websites to see if they are working properly?

I'm sure you know where they all are. Just list them all. Include any third party Toolbars you may be using.

Now ad-block is a problem or it is for some.

In Programs and Features, you may want to post back all Java listings.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem i never really use IE so i didn't notice.

Facebook videos are working but i can't remember if they were or not before but other than that nothing has changed i can't play on some flash games and watch some videos.

Only java thing i have in programs and features is Java(TM) 6 update 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you have the latest Java update. Just list the FF add ons, plug-ins and extensions and I'll take a look and if I see any

that may conflict, we'll disable and then try the websites that aren't working and try to determine which add on is causing a problem.

I'll take a look at them tomorrow and post back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugins:

DivX Player Netscape Plugin: 6.1.0.0

DivX Web Player: 2.0.0.254

Itunes Application Detector: 1.0.1.1

Java Deployment Toolkit: 6.0.180.7

Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U18: 6.0.180.7

Microsoft Office Live Plugin-in for Firefox: 2.0.3009.0

Mozilla Default plug-in: 1.0.0.15

QuickTime plug-in: 7.6.5

RealPlayer Version Plugin: 6.0.12.69

RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug In (32-bit): 6.0.12.69

Shockwave Flash: 10.0.45.2

Shockwave for Director: 11.5.6.606

Silverlight Plug-In: 3.0.50106.0

Windows Genuine Advantage: 1.9.9.1

Extensions:

Java Console 6.0.18 enabled

Norton IPS: 2.0 enabled

Norton Toolbar 4.5 disabled

Hope that's everything thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohan, Thanks for the info.

This is a Java test site: http://www.java.com/en/    Take both tests and post the results, like passed or?

With your FF plug-ins, etc. Check to make sure there are no listings under the Add ons. If not and you passed the Java

tests, then I would do the following. Keep in mind you are not removing any, just disabling to see if there is an improvement.

Disable all except: Mozilla Default plug-in, Shockwave Flash and Java(not the Java Console)

This Disabling applies to add ons, plug-ins and extenstions.

Then try your websites.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay well Java passed the test with everything switched on then it didn't when thing were switched off so all i had on was Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U18, Shockwave Flash and Mozilla Default Plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Rohan,

You may want to see my solution in Chris Stapelton's thread.

It did work for me, so I hope it will for you too.

Wojtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got a link?

Edit: Found it thanks i'll give it a read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi W, I just replied to you on Stapleton's thread, and I would ask that you read it.

Your "solution" had nothing to do with Shockwave Player or the FF .dll file. And it certainly does not apply to this thread

that Rohan has. It would have been better for you to have started your own thread, instead of registering and giving

advice on issues that you are confused about. To offer a solution before one knows what the problem is in my opinion

is putting the cart before the horse and doesn't work. A solution is found by finding the cause, not the effect.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines