Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Hide email button after submission.....

Level 3

Hey Guys,

For the life of me I can't figure out how to set an email button's click event to hide a dropdownlist.  Is this even possible.  I have it set to:

DropDownList1.presence = "hidden";

In javascript though when I click submit the person on the other end can still see DropDownList1.  I know I have to be close cause I can get the DropDownList1 to hide or become invisible though can't do it at the same time as teh click event for the button.  I am using a button that is attached to another invisible button whose target property is set by the drop dropdownlist.

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Submit buttons cannot have script attached to them....only regular buttons can. The hidden technique that was mentioned is the easiest way to do it.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi

I would set the email button as invisible

then use a fake email button that makes the dropdownlist hidden, then executes the click function of the hidden email button

EmailButton.execEvent("click");

This way it makes sure the dropdown list is hidden prior to submitting the form

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Submit buttons cannot have script attached to them....only regular buttons can. The hidden technique that was mentioned is the easiest way to do it.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----