• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client/Server game in Flash Media Interactive Server

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2010 Mar 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my name is Pablo. First, sorry for the language, i dont speak English very well. This is my problem: I will like to develope a 2d multiplayer game (mmorpg)  based on the client/server model with flash as the GUI label of my application. The problem come's when i need to decided to a technology for the server of my application. I have one year experiencie in developing .NET applications. Then, my first idea was FLASH (clients) + .NET (server). The .NET layer connecting with MySql DataBase. Then, i discover the Flash Media Interactive Server. But i have not experiencie with it(cero). I dont need to do Video Streaming. I need a interactive client / server application with persistent data (For example, MySql). I find out of the features of the Media interactive Server... my question here is: ¿The Media Interactive Server can resolve my needs? and... Wich is more performant ¿.NET or Flash Media Interactive Server? ¿Wich do you prefer for this specific problem? ¿Why?

(Remember i have one year of experiencie in .NET developing).

And the most important question is: ¿What is this product? ¿Is a canned product or a development environment?

So Much Thanks People!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,

Your problem is little tricky and there is no correct answer to it - i mean straight forward answer to it. I personally do not have any experience in .NET and won't be able to envision your .NET solution. But I agree its difficult for you to jump in FMS way as you do not have experience in it. But still since you are using Flash, I would suggest you to try Development server of FMS which is free. However it has limitation of 10 connections but you can try it out to see if it suits your need and what's your comfort level.

let me know if you need any more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pablo, i strongly recommend you to browse FMS samples, i think it gives you an idea what you can ?

and look at http://www.fmsguru.com/tutorials.cfm , there are really helpfull videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines