Exit

Flash Player won't install on firefox

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 Home Premium 64

Firefox

When I try to install Flash using a plug in pop up on firefox, I get this  error message:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Loca\Temp|FP_PL_PFS_INSTALLER-4.exe
The  specified procedure could not be found

When I click on manual install, I  get this error message:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles4ou8fmmf.
Default\extensions\{E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\chrome\
Content\getPlusPlus_Adobe_reg.exe
The  specified procedure could not be found.

Works in IE.

The files are in the locations specified above, however, they will not install correctly when you click.  When you click on the fp_pl.... file,, you see two small windows pop up too quick to read, but install does not work.

Thx

spencer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spencer, Let's see what of Flash Player is and is not installed. Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Open the Flash folder and post back all of the files listed there. The IE files version numbers will be evident. However,

the FF(Firefox) and "other browser" files will not. Right click on NPSWF32.dll and NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe and then click

on Properties to obtain the version numbers for each.

Then using IE, find in your manage add ons Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx and make sure it

is enabled and is vs 10.0.45.2.

Then using FF, find in the plug-ins the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is enabled. If there are more than one listing of

the SWF, I need to know that also. I understand that vs 10.0.45.2 may not be there since you are having a problem installing. I just want to make sure.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash10e.ocx

flashplayer.xpt

flashutil10e

install

npswf32.dll   (no version number on properties  date 1/26/2010 and 3/20/2010)

npswf32_flashutil  (ditto)

uninstall_activex

uninstall_plugin

in IE

Name          Shockwave Flash Object
Publisher     Adobe Systems Incorporated
Status        Enabled
File date     Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 7:58 PM
Version       10.0.45.2

in FF

no swf as I uninstalled in an attempt to correct this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spencer, The Flash Player files for IE and the SWO add on are correct.

I would download and SAVE to your Desktop this FF Installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Unlike IE Flash Player Installs, due to the ActiveX Control that is used, you shouldn't have any problem with Anti-Virus/Firewall blocks with FF.

I would however, close all browsers and RUN it then. After installed, Reboot(restart) your computer. Then you can check

the Flash files and get the versions and check the SWF in the FF plug-in.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

during install the program compatibility assistant comes up and says the program might not have installed correctly.  options of install using recommended settings or this program installed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have not encountered this before. During the install with that link for FF, you received that message? Is this from

Windows or your Anti-Virus/Firewall or IE ?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saved install file to pc and ran.  then the box came up.  it is a win 7 compatibility tool.  tried installinb with both options and neither worked.  still no flash under the add ons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange that I have not encountered this before. I've worked with so many with Win7/IE8 users, never came up

before.  I will have to do some searching on Microsoft. I would just off the top of my head guess that this is an IE8 feature,

since Flash Player is a browser plug-in and not a program per se.

So did the FP get installed? Did you check the Flash folder?  If they are installed, then I know what you need to do to get

the SWF add on, but first things first.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this is what you want

flash10e.ocx

flashplayer.xpt

flashutil10e

install

npswf32.dll    (10.0 r45)

npswf32_flashutil   (ditto)

uninstall_activex

uninstall_plugin

found out if you hover over the name the version shows.

by the way we are talking about firefox  IE works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Spencer, you have the FF Flash Player files installed!! Now I doubt if the SWF plug-in has been installed in the plug-in section for FF.  You can check and if it is, let me know. But more than likely it is not. If not, using the FF browser, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If there is a message that you need a plug-in, do whatever it says. Then post back after you have checked for the SWF.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the drop down that says plug ins are needed, but when I go to install that is where the original error comes.  the window comes up saying plug in available. 10.0.45.  get the FP_PL.... error.  from orig post.says I can do manual install. when I try that I get the other orror message from the orig post when trying to install DLM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there must be some setting within the IE8 or Win7. It doesn't help since I don't know what it is without taking time

to search for it. Let me check Mozilla and see what they say. I have some FF plug-in info in my folders. Let me check and

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

eidnolb

You can try this test site from Adobe, won't hurt anything, you may get a different message without the DLM.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will check that.  Not sure what the IE8 issue would be since I am using FF?

Take your time  I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You are correct, it wouldn't have anything to do with IE8. Ever since Win7 came out, I know it has IE8 so I just connect the two in my brain.LOL  I read that you can't go back to any other version of IE, with Win7.

Firefox calls their add ons "plug-ins"; Internet Explorer calls their add ons "ActiveX Controls". Adobe calls Flash Player a browser "plug-in" Now most likely you will find the Flash Player listed in the add/remove or programs and features section, where programs are listed. Confused yet? Now when Flash Player is installed using IE, 4 files are installed into

the Flash folder. That alone is not enought for Flash Player to work. In the IE add ons, the Shockwave Flash Object, yes the ActiveX Control and it is the Control must be there and enabled.

Now if Flash Player is installed in FF, also 4 files are installed into the Flash folder. You have 8 files, so you have all of what you need for Flash Player to work using IE since you have the SWO. FF also needs that "control", but it is called

SWF(Shockwave Flash) and it must be enabled. The SWF is called a "plug-in".

The only thing I found on Mozilla is how to install the Flash Player "plug-in" which I thot they meant the SWF. No they

mean how to install what Adobe calls Flash Player, i.e. the "plug-in" Now are you confused? But you already have Flash Player installed and the 4 files are sitting in the Flash folder. Dizzy yet?

I am going to Microsoft and it may be tomorrow before we get an answer. LOL

Now I know why I liked Accounting, 2+2 was always 4.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanted to link to that Mozilla "plug-in" info. It may be that you can follow it and get this SWF installed. I don't see where it would hurt. There is also a video of the instructions.  Whether the message from Win7 would overrule this is hard to tell.  Might be worth looking at.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+the+Flash+plugin

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is actually the same file already downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, honestly. Hey where are all of the FF people? You know the ones that loathe IE? ROFL Oh, that's right, they are over at Google singing Chrome's praises, at least until a new kid shows up on the block. Well, I am going to review your

thread to see if there is anything that gives a hint as to what is causing this.

I just cannot imagine a "plug-in" being blocked?

Oh, what version of FF are you using?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF ver 3.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Spencer, Since I don't use FF, is this the latest vs? I am reading here and don't know if this many questions about

FF is normal or more than usual; I'll let you decide.

http://support.mozilla.com/search.php?where=f&locale=en-US&qs=s&q=version+3.6+problems&sa=

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version. Not sure on number of issues. I did notice

it seemed like quite a few listed on adobe forums though. If it is

just starting to affect people in the last day, maybe someone will

notice.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so from the iPhone:-)  I was just wondering if there may be a glitch or something. It happens with new versions. I try not to update on Patch Tuesday either for that very reason. LOL

Well I'll see what I can find out. Like I said I had never heard of what you have experienced so for me it is something new.

Have a good night.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just got this to work...

after trying to manual install, like in your original post:

close firefox

find getPlusPlus_Adobe_reg.exe and run it. leave it open

start firefox

if there are errors or firefox can't find hosts restart it

I did this and getPlus downloaded and installed flash player

win 7 64

firefox 3.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did you get getPlusPlus_Adobe_reg.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read first post in the string

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesn't show up in firefox, even after plugin installs and system is rebooted.

bummer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines