Skip navigation
Jason Villmer
Currently Being Moderated

iPhone / iPad Export

Mar 1, 2010 7:54 AM

Hello,

It's been a while so I wanted to throw out the question once more regarding iPhone / iPad export. Will this feature be provided in the formal release of Flash Builder 4?

Regards,

Villmer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2010 9:08 AM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Adobe Flash CS5 when it ships will be having support for iPhone. Flash Builder 4 is already in Beta 2, but having it as part of future releases of Flash Builder might be considered.

Thanks

-Sunil

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2010 3:45 PM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Hi Jason,

We are actively working on our plans to expose the packaging tools for iPhone OS applications to developers using Flash Builder.

Unfortunately I can't provide specific information about packaging and availability at this stage, except to say it is our intention that you will be able to use this functionality with Flash Builder in due course.

Thanks,

Andrew

Product Manager, Flash Builder

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2010 5:48 PM   in reply to Andrew Shorten

Wow, Andrew. You're up to one post now! Thanks for the info and most of us understand that your words imply full support of the iphone/iPad within a week or two ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2010 10:56 AM   in reply to Jason Villmer

I think Adobe would be particularly stupid to include the iPhone export in the beta program at this stage. Might as well force people to pony up first.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2010 12:27 PM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Any chance of not shouting?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2010 8:48 PM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Hi Jason,

One small problem about your request(apart from the 'shouting'), Flashbuilder has been locked for release, and there will be no more beta's. Flex Slider is not available in any shape or form outside of Adobe so one would guess that there is a way to go before Flashbuilder will have true mobile support built in.

So Flash CS5 will give you the ability to create native i-phone apps one would hope that its not to much of a stretch to extend that to the i-pad(still not sure just what sort of market share an overpriced Kindle can get but its a mac so anything could happen).

What I can't figure out is why when tablets with multi-tasking OS's have been around for years Apple has once again delivered aging technology in a shiny package, maybe i-pad was supposed to be a really big screen i-phone but there wasn't enough space for the phone bits to fit in .

David.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2010 12:42 AM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Jason Villmer wrote:

What can I say? Really. Always a shroud of mystery involved in all this. When will Flash Builder be released? Who knows, nobody can 'formally' say. Will it contain iPhone / iPad export? Hmm. Not sure, maybe - but who knows when.

I knows when. NOW!

Mystery over.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2010 12:54 AM   in reply to Jason Villmer

Hi Jason,

Believe it or not caps do create a an effect when read, its actually more difficult to interpret context as punctuation tends to get ignored, proper case gives a textual inflection to a conversation , sentences blend into each other etc... etc..

I love technology, it just annoys me that for several years now Apple have chosen to deliberately leave important bits out when marketing something, with ipod it was simple data transfer between device and computer, with iphone it was 3g, hi-resolution touch and multi-tasking, with i-pad its again touch resolution and multi-tasking( its the multi-tasking that make me a little concerned, maybe thats why we need native compilation for the i-phone and probably the i-pad).

Apple marketing summed up perfectly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF-qX72om5w

Anyway, FB 4 has been released and it is there for us to pull apart and get ready to hit jira with the requests for what we feel got left out, i'm just wondering what gets included in the 1.2gb licensed download(I will know as soon as I grab it later tonight,damn peak/offpeak isp issues).

I am just hanging out for Flex slider which I think will be the first step in the Flashbuilder mobile arsenal, another thing to note is AIR for android, this looks interesting.

David.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points