Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash support?

Feb 15, 2007 11:32 AM

Ok - the only way i seem to be able to actually use a downloaded ASE file from Kuler is to
launch AI
Open Swatch Panel
Open Swatch Library...
Other Library...
Locate ASE file from Kuler
A new swatch panel opens up in AI with the Kuler colors but there's no option to export this to a
file of any kind (nevermind a pallette format for flash).

So then I realize after playing around that I need to click on each swatch to add it to my main
Swatch panel.
next I need to export that as an AI.
Then from Flash Import the AI.
Wow (whew!) That's quite a few hoops.
Anyone found a better way?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2007 12:54 PM   in reply to chris georgenes
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the post. Currently there isn't an easier way to pull kuler colors into Flash, however, we are always looking for ways to improve functionality. :)
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2008 3:33 PM   in reply to chris georgenes
    I agree. It would be great to just be able to download a .clr file... or better yet, make the next version of Flash capable of "adding" .ase files.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2008 9:11 AM   in reply to chris georgenes
    Hi Michael,
    Ask and ye shall receive. Flash CS4 has a Kuler panel, which lets you pull Kuler ASE files directly into your Swatches panel as a theme. It's a little hidden, under Windows > Extensions > Kuler.

You can also find Kuler panels in Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4, InDesign CS4, and Fireworks CS4, in other languages as well. Look under Windows > Extensions > Kuler.

Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2010 1:38 PM   in reply to Sami@Adobe

This is great if you only want to deal with up to 5 colors at a time. For anything larger, kuler is useless and arbitrarily limiting. Why not just allow all CS4 apps to support the same color swatch formats?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2010 12:42 PM   in reply to chris georgenes

And I thought it was me being stupid.............. ah to see Chris Georgenes having the same problem makes me feel soooooooooo much better

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2010 1:46 PM   in reply to chris georgenes

i agree..kuler should be integrated as a panel in every adobe product that deals with color. Combinations should be quietly stored and shared between applications without annoyng open/save dialogs...

Freddie

www.techjam.it

www.lavoroamilano.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points