• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 8: Serial Number Accepted, Log-on Okay; Download 30 day Trial.

Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Photoshop Elements 8; my serial number is accepted, and account opens under my name and welcomes me back.  I receive a notice that I have a notice "check out some quick tips to see what you can do with your 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements 8".

I get no option to contact Customer Service by Email.  I am on the East Coast, Time Zone "-5"; I can't even get "On-Line Chat".

I am going to delete the program, and absorb the cost; this is not the only program available for processing photographs!  I plan to find another program that has an easier Customer Service function.  I am doing all of their work, and find it impossible to get satisfactory Customer Service.

PS:  I am also deleting Adobe "Reader 9" from my system!

John Anderson, 20 Haven Avenue, Abingdon, MD 21009.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Have you already returned the product? If you are still interested together we can discuss the issue and see if I can help you..Sorry saw this post only today..

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush Ved,

I didn't want to return the software; I had trouble figuring out how to download and reinstall PhotoShop "Elements 8" when I upgraded my operating system to "Windows 7". I think I have figured out how to do it. If I have any problem when I finish installing the Windows 7, I'll get back to you. For the time being, I think I'm okay.

Incidentally, I purchased "Elements 8" through downloading it. Is there any way I could just buy the disk now? It would be a lot easier to use the disk, if I need to do a reinstall later.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Glad to hear that you havent given up on PSE.

Just a suggestion: If PSE 8 is already installed right now on your machine and you are planning to upgrade your OS now, then please uninstall it first and then upgrade the OS. This way you will be able to make sure that you dont run into any issues which may be caused by OS upgrade.

I am not much aware of how sales team works to be very frank, but I know that there have been instances on the forum where users have contacted Adobe sales team, talked to them over the phone, explained the situation and got a backup/duplicate DVD by confirming that they are having a valid serial number/purchase order of PSE 8. Try it out and you might be lucky to get a copy for yourself.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

I had already upgraded to Windows 7; I did not uninstall PhotoShop 8, as you suggested. Maybe that's what caused my problem. When I went to download PhotoShop Elements 8, the download took about 5 hours; when I tried to open one of the three "shortcuts" that the download placed on my desktop, a large list of files appeared (some were in foreign language). My son fixed the problem for me; so, I'm okay for now.

I do think I will contact the Sales department for a backup/duplicate DVD; just in case I run into a problem again. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling that there might have been some conflict between Windows 7 and PSE 8. Thanks again!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also should download a copy of the Elements 8 installer utility (you used it to install Elements), and keep it in a safe place on your hard drive. 

Let's say your computer crashes in a year, or you switch to another Windows computer.  As long as you have a master copy of Elements 8, you can re-install Elements again on a new computer. 

If you don't have a master copy of Elements 8, then you won't be able to reinstall Elements.  You then could go to the Adobe web site and try to download another copy of Elements 8 - but will it be on the Adobe web site in a year?  Probably not.  Adobe will have released Elements 9 - and you won't be able to get a master copy of Elements 8.

So download a copy of the Elements 8 installer utility, and keep it in a safe place on your hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ou then could go to the Adobe web site and try to download another copy of Elements 8 - but will it be on the Adobe web site in a year?  Probably not.  Adobe will have released Elements 9 - and you won't be able to get a master copy of Elements 8.

Downloaded software is available through your store account for three years, but I agree that it's prudent to keep a copy of the original download, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get a disc you can call up 18006337768 and the

customer service will ship you a disc after verifying a few details and proof of purchase at a nominal co

st of $9.99 - $19.99.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines