Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to implement ad-hoc approaval in ES2 ?.

Former Community Member

Hi Process experts,

I am going to  through one requirement where I need to implement ad hoc approval in our  LC process management service component.

Truly  say I dont  have  any  idea on an Ad hoc approval.Please let me know :

What is ad hoc approval  ?

How to implement it ?

Where we will use this and what pros and cons of this method ?

Waiting for valuable answers.

Thanks

Praveen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is usually a process where the user can define who's going to be the next person in the process. In this case who is going to approve the request. The next approver is not define in the process, but is decided by the end user. So they have full flexibility in term of deciding who participates in the approval process.

How to implement it ?

First define an area on the form for the end user to specify the next approver in the process.

Have a process with a user service and specify the initial user from a variable. That variable would get populated with the approver name defined by the end user when they fill the form.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is usually a process where the user can define who's going to be the next person in the process. In this case who is going to approve the request. The next approver is not define in the process, but is decided by the end user. So they have full flexibility in term of deciding who participates in the approval process.

How to implement it ?

First define an area on the form for the end user to specify the next approver in the process.

Have a process with a user service and specify the initial user from a variable. That variable would get populated with the approver name defined by the end user when they fill the form.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks Jasmin .

Could  you please  help me out  by giving the guide/link which explains  how to implement the same in process ?.

Thanks

Praveen.

Former Community Member

I did  the ad hoc approval and it is pretty  simple. Thanks  :-)