Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while running config manager

Mar 30, 2010 3:52 AM

Let's start off by stating that I'm not a WAS expert.

I'm currently busy installing ES2 on a WAS / Windows 2003 machine which connects to an Oracle 10g DB. I've following the installation instructions quite carefully, but I ran into a brick wall that I can't seem to move myself. Hopefully someone over here can help me out.

Over many attempts I've had various different issues while running the configuration manager. Most of these issues pop up after the ear files are configured and are ready to be deployed. Reviewing the log files I noticed that the I get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at the times when the issues pop up. The server itself doesn't have a shortage of RAM (16GB) and I did increase the deployer heap size as described in the manual.

Eventually I've now given up searching and decided to throw myself at the mercy of the forums for some help . Since I don't really even know where to begin investigating the issue (besides confirming that I followed the steps in the manual), I'd be appreciative of almost any suggestions.

Thanks

Greg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2010 6:33 AM   in reply to Greg @ Innisfree ZA

Greg:

The OutOfMemoryExceptions are probably related to this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2010/01/outofmemoryerror_on_deploying .html

You seem to be beyond those now.

The one recommendation I have for you is to deploy the LiveCycle EAR files to WebSphere manually, instead of letting LCM do it.  This is especially true if you're deploying to a distributed WebSphere cluster.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2010 7:30 AM   in reply to Greg @ Innisfree ZA

Time to go manual.  Login to WebSphere's Admin Console, undeploy the EARs and then manually deploy them.

I don't know how you managed to have two values for the same environment variable (JAVA_HOME) - you must have those defined as both "user" and "system".

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2010 6:20 AM   in reply to Greg @ Innisfree ZA

You need to increase the memmory settings higher for ejbdeploy.bat

adobe-livecycle-native-websphere-x86_win32.ear would deploy fine because it contains no EJBs.  The other one does - lots of them!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points