I've got a big problem within lightroom (2.6).
In my keyword list, when i select a keyword (to see the photos with that keyword) all my photos in the catalog pops up.
For example there is a keyword with 4 photos in it. When i click it all my photos in the catalog pop up. (I do click on the arrow next to the keyword to try to show it up)
Then the catalog automaticly selects a random photo. The catalog was originally made in lightroom 1.1
To show what i'm talking about here a screenshot:
As you can see i selected the word Beechcraft, with 1 photo in it. As a result it shows my entire catalog.
I'm using Windows 7 (64-Bit). All together i think it's pretty odd since lightroom 1.1 did not have this problem. (unfortunatly 1.1 jams after being used for a while (even with compatible mode on XP SP2 and with run as admin enabled)
Anybody has this problem as well? And does anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Thanks in Advance,
Referring to your screenshot, look at the arrow that appears just after the number 1 on the Beechcraft line you've selected. You need to click that arrow to filter down to the images with that keyword. just clicking on the keyword entry will not filter.
Thanks for the fast reply!
Clicking the arrow is what i keep on trying. With nearly all keywords that works, but with some (like with the keyword beechcraft) it does not work and it show the entire catalog. The only thing i can do by clicking the keyword is to change it.
There is however 1 thing i discovered, it shows the entire catalog when it's in Types > Jet Engine.
However when it stands alone (so not within a different keyword) it does shows up properly.
Does anybody got any kind of sollution for it?
Tanks in advance!
The odd thing in your screenshot is the checkbox to the left of Beechcraft. If you just click on the Beechcraft line then your screenshot is accurate. If, however, you click on that arrow to the right then the checkbox to the left will either have a checkmark or a dash in it. A checkmark would indicate that "Beechcraft" was applied. A dash would indicate that another keyword contained in the Beechcraft hierarchy was applied. And it would filter accordingly.
If indeed you have an image with that keyword (or one of it's children) applied then it should filter down once you click the arrow.
Try this to see if your catalog has been corrupted somehow. Find that image that should be showing up. Remove the keyword in question. With it still selected press CTRL-S to save the change of metadata. Now reapply the keyword. CTRL-S again. Go back to All images and see if the arrow works now. If it does then there has been some sort of keyword corruption. If there aren't that many affected you might just correct them as above.
Thanks again for the fast reply! Made me a bit more clear about what might be wrong.
I've gave your sollution a shot....unfortunatly it did not work. What i did find out during that test is that the keyword Beechcraft itself doesnt work, but the keywords in it do. Made a screenshot of what i mean:
Could this mean the keyword beechcraft is corrupt?
I've deleted the keyword as well, and made a new keyword named Beechcraft, but that did not work. If it's under a different keyword (for example Beech) it does work. This can be done with this keyword, but there's not always some same kind of keyword for a photograph.
And if the keyword is corrupted, is theres a solution for that?
Thanks in advance,
Stephan - just out of curiosity, did you purposely enter a ">" to embed Keywords under Beechcraft? You seem to be experiencing a problem similar to what I caused myself in LR1 that I've inquired about in this forum in a thread a few down from yours.
I have to admit, Stefan, that at this point I'm stumped. What happens if you apply Beechcraft directly to an image? Does it work then?
I haven't come across this kind of behavior before. Sorry!
The keyword does work when it's not in Types -> Jet Engine:
However, when i move it in Types it works, but when i put it in Jet Engines it shows the entire catalog again.
The '>' was added automaticly, when i moved the keywords in catagories like jet engine etc.
Could it be that some main keywords, like jet engine might be partly corrupt or something?
And is there a sollution for something as corrupted keywords?
Perhaps there were some keywords that got mangled somehow during the 1.1 to 2.6 conversion. Try this... go to the Metadata menu and export your keywords to a txt file. Open it up in a text editor (not a word processor) like note pad and see if any of the keywords show up with extra symbols or characters. Those could be the keywords to fix.
Just a guess but worth a look!
Have done what you suggested, but no words came up with any symbols or extra caracters in it.
Came to sort of an alternative solution:
Since keywords like Beechcraft still doesnt work, but Beech does, i've made new keywords for the ones that had the issue.
For example Cessna had the same problem, and now all the keywords in cessna now are under a new keyword named Cessna Aircraft.
It's not excatly what i wanted, but it's some sort of sollution wich does work.
If anybody does have a sollution for the problem i'll definitly be happy to hear it!
I do want to thank you guys for the quick reactions and the support!!!
I'm glad you found a workaround. It must be something that happened during the conversion. I remember there were issues with 1.1 and we were advised to upgrade to 1.41 to fix many of the bugs. This was probably one of them.