Skip navigation
SGAviationPhoto
Currently Being Moderated

Keywords not showing up after upgrade to LR2

Apr 2, 2010 4:56 AM

Hello everybody,

I've got a big problem within lightroom (2.6).

In my  keyword list, when i select a keyword (to see the photos with that  keyword) all my photos in the catalog pops up.

For example there  is a keyword with 4 photos in it. When i click it all my photos in the  catalog pop up. (I do click on the arrow next to the keyword to try to show it up)

Then the catalog automaticly selects a random  photo. The catalog was originally made in lightroom 1.1

To show what  i'm talking about here a screenshot:

Lightroom26aviation.jpg

As you can see i selected the word Beechcraft, with 1 photo in it. As  a result it shows my entire catalog.

I'm using Windows 7  (64-Bit). All together i think it's pretty odd since lightroom 1.1 did  not have this problem. (unfortunatly 1.1 jams after being used for a  while (even with compatible mode on XP SP2 and with run as admin  enabled)

Anybody  has this problem as well? And does anyone knows how to solve this  problem?

Thanks  in Advance,

Stefan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2010 8:06 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

Hi Stefan!

Referring to your screenshot, look at the arrow that appears just after the number 1 on the Beechcraft line you've selected. You need to click that arrow to filter down to the images with that keyword. just clicking on the keyword entry will not filter.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2010 8:53 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

The odd thing in your screenshot is the checkbox to the left of Beechcraft. If you just click on the Beechcraft line then your screenshot is accurate. If, however, you click on that arrow to the right then the checkbox to the left will either have a checkmark or a dash in it. A checkmark would indicate that "Beechcraft" was applied. A dash would indicate that another keyword contained in the Beechcraft hierarchy was applied. And it would filter accordingly.

If indeed you have an image with that keyword (or one of it's children) applied then it should filter down once you click the arrow.

Try this to see if your catalog has been corrupted somehow. Find that image that should be showing up. Remove the keyword in question. With it still selected press CTRL-S to save the change of metadata. Now reapply the keyword. CTRL-S again. Go back to All images and see if the arrow works now. If it does then there has been some sort of keyword corruption. If there aren't that many affected you might just correct them as above.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2010 10:00 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

Stephan - just out of curiosity, did you purposely enter a ">" to embed Keywords under Beechcraft? You seem to be experiencing a problem similar to what I caused myself in LR1 that I've inquired about in this forum in a thread a few down from yours.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2010 10:03 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

I have to admit, Stefan, that at this point I'm stumped. What happens if you apply Beechcraft directly to an image? Does it work then?

I haven't come across this kind of behavior before. Sorry!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2010 11:39 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

Perhaps there were some keywords that got mangled somehow during the 1.1 to 2.6 conversion. Try this... go to the Metadata menu and export your keywords to a txt file. Open it up in a text editor (not a word processor) like note pad and see if any of the keywords show up with extra symbols or characters. Those could be the keywords to fix.

Just a guess but worth a look!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2010 4:15 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

I'm glad you found a workaround. It must be something that happened during the conversion. I remember there were issues with 1.1 and we were advised to upgrade to 1.41 to fix many of the bugs. This was probably one of them.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2010 9:17 AM   in reply to SGAviationPhoto

Did you try to rename the offending Keywords? Don't know if this would make any difference but I'd be interested if it did.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points