• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10 won't install on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been listening for the couple of years to an online radio station. Now all the sudden it says I need Flash 10 Player. When I download and install Flash 10 player the site still says I need Flash 10 Player. I have emptied the cache, cleared the history and restarted the computer. I have tried both Safari and Firefox. The site still says I need Flash 10 Player

Mac 10.5.8

Safari 4.0.5

Firefox 3.6.3

Adobe Creative Suite CS4

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, There is a person that usually checks the Mac problems here. I wouldn't do anything until he has a chance to help you.

I am not that familiar with Mac, just Flash Player, Windows, IE, FF etc.

Just didn't want you to think we were ignoring you:-)

He usually checks the Flash forum for the Mac users, so I am sure he'll see your thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, standing by.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the following two folders:

fpplugin.jpg 

and

swfolder.jpg

Send them to the trash.

Trash Flash Player.

Empty the trash.

The reinstall Flash player and Shockwave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow after work (too late now) and report back.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2010 Apr 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, both Flash Player and Shockwave say they installed but neither did.

And the online radio station is still saying I need Flash player 10

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juano, just a bit of info for you to check on. Sometimes with a PC, after an Uninstall/Install, the SWF plug-in for Firefox

and other browsers needs to be checked to see if it is installed as well as enabled. Now I don't know where this plug-in is located on the Mac but you probably do. Since you installed not only Flash Player but Shockwave Player as well, they would each have the SWF. The SWF for the Flash Player would be version 10.0.45.2 and the SWF for Shockwave Player would match the version 11.5.

You might take a look to see if both of these are there and enabled.

Sometime last year, even tho I don't know where everything is located on your system, I did try to help someone with a Mac. Between the two of us, along with screenshots we finally solved the issue.

Using Firefox, go to this Adobe test site and if this SWF plug-in is missing you should see a notice that you need it.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/  This will test Shockwave Player and you can also test Flash Player.

Then use Safari and do the same.

This is just something you can do until Mac+Win=Me can further advise you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen shots from Safari (Screen shots from Firefox are the same):

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

It is interesting to note that Shockwave says "Installation complete", yet there is no animation playing below as stated in red circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juano, I'm shaking my head here:-) Strange indeed. Were you able to locate the SWF for Flash Player and Shockwave Player?

They MUST be there and enabled, otherwise even tho this test indicates installed. My opinion is that the tests are looking at the Flash Player and Shockwave Player files. And evidently those files are installed. This has happened many many times with the PC's. I have had too many users report what you are and the tests show installed, but not working. If the

SWF's are not enabled, or the ActiveX Control that is used in IE, then FP will not work. As soon as they enable it, problem

solved. Now, granted that doesn't mean there may not be another problem even with the SWF & ActiveX Control enabled.

This is just something that must be confirmed before proceeding to find what other problem there may be.

This is a different test site from Adobe and it is the one the other Mac user tested on with FF and it told him he needed an

additional plug-in, which was the SWF and it was missing. It wouldn't hurt to try only using FF and it only tests for the Flash Player SWF plug-in, not the Shockwave Player.

http://adobe.com/software/flash/about

Now this test will only tell you that FP is installed and IF the SWF plug-in is missing. If you have the SWF installed, but not Enabled, it won't tell you that. That is why I wanted you to find those SWF plug-ins to make sure they were enabled. If I knew where they were located in Mac, I would tell you. I am guessing here, but I think they are in the Library where any other plug-ins are, as Quicktime, etc.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juano, I found this that Mac+Win=Me replied to on another thread. He stated where the SWF plug-in is for FP and put up a screenshot.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/612600?tstart=30

Perhaps this will help.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "animation" is not a looping animation.

The Shockwave logo, buttons and text all appear as part of the animation and then stay where they are.

Your screen shot shows this. I checked mine at http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

As you mouse over the buttons, they should change to show more info about each.

create.jpg

see.jpg

about.jpg

If the Shockwave install was unsuccessful, it wouldn't even get this far, so I tend to think it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines