Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New Scripting Features in CS5

Apr 12, 2010 1:55 AM

This discussion is for new features/improvements in CS5 related to scripting. For changes to the scripting DOM which effect older scripts please use this discussion instead.

Appropriate topics are ones which revolve around the ESTK, InDesign's DOM, or new technologies (such as the new "CS Extension Builder"). Please try to keep the discussion on topic!

Thanks,

Harbs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2010 7:56 PM   in reply to Harbs.

Dear Harbs,

Really I appreciated publish for the CS5 Scripting Features, and really many thanks to you...

Past some of the years I can used your coding as well as Dave's codes.

Really very nice for this intro...

Please let me know the DOM concepts in CS5 scripting architecture and new extra Features also [Scripting].

Thanks & Regards

T.R.Harihara SudhaN

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 5:57 AM   in reply to Harbs.

Are there new events?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 6:00 AM   in reply to Harbs.

The omv can now be in a dockable panel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 7:36 AM   in reply to Harbs.

One of my favorite features of CS5 is the Mini Bridge panel. It's great ot have the ability to open and place files without having to bother with dialogs. Is there anyway for scritping to take advantage of this? For example select a file in bridge and then run a script and the script would place the file?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 7:56 AM   in reply to Fred Goldman

Fred Goldman wrote:

One of my favorite features of CS5 is the Mini Bridge panel. It's great ot have the ability to open and place files without having to bother with dialogs. Is there anyway for scritping to take advantage of this? For example select a file in bridge and then run a script and the script would place the file?

Probably not, since its created in flash. However I personally dislike this panel since it is a memory hog like its ancestor. Actually its my understanding that  the bridge application opens in the background when you use panel. Yuck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 10:09 AM   in reply to Steven..

Yes, it's true it is a memory hog and it requires Bridge to be open otherwise it will open it for you. I have never used Bridge before because of what a memory and resource hog that it is (and slow), but now I can't help myself. It is so convenient to be able to browse through all your files right within InDesign. I have even set Bridge to automatically launch at startup just for this reason.(BTW, why doesn't it open script files).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2010 3:59 AM   in reply to Harbs.

I've posted a PDF that lists the new properties and methods available in InDesign:

http://www.kahrel.plus.com/indesign/pdf_dictionaries.html

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2010 3:37 PM   in reply to Harihara Sudhan

Thanks & Regards

T.R.Harihara SudhaN

DO YOU REALLY NEED TO EMPHASIZE YOUR MESSAGES ??

WHY YOU CAN'T FORMAT YOUR MESSAGES LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE ON THIS FORUM ??

robin

www.adobescripts.com

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2010 1:17 AM   in reply to Harbs.

In CS5 InDesign, Is it possible to add the tags in the footnote area ("Tagging of footnote text is not supported").

Arivu

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2010 7:44 AM   in reply to sudar1983_14

is this a question? as far a i can see it's not: still no xml-tags in footnotes.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2010 12:47 AM   in reply to grefel

While applying the inset spacing top to the Fitted frame, the width of the frame to be reduced. Is there any new updations on TextframePreferences.

Please give me anybodies.

Regards,

Karpanai

|
    Mark as:

I'm facing the issue while applying the inset spacing to the single line text frame (Fitted frame).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points